Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  client request

Posted Mar 28, 2014 03:22 AM

Dear Support,

Anybody can help me out to over come this error even i logged the case with symantec tac support still they are working to resolve but no solution.

client request <AuthenticateInternalPassphrase> returning fault -11286 (authorization failed for this operation)

find the screenshot in attachment

• 2.  RE: client request

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 28, 2014 05:28 AM

Hi Nagaraj,

In the logs you have this:
    ldap result 34  0000208f dsid-031001f7 problem 2006

Please use a tool like LDAP Browser and double-check the LDAP binding settings and base DN.
    Then ensure that this user has the the correct attributes that allow it to be mapped correctly for the Consumer group.

HTH,
    dcats

• 3.  RE: client request

Posted Mar 28, 2014 06:08 AM

On your domain controller use the dsquery commandline tool to determine the correct naming convention.

• 4.  RE: client request

Posted Apr 14, 2014 11:43 AM

Hello Nagraj,

You can use query dsquery user /samid "username" to check for the correct Bind DN that you are using on the PGP Universal Server. Also make sure that the correct Base DN is selected, I would suggest to select whole domain and then check.

• 5.  RE: client request

Posted May 01, 2014 11:39 PM

Hi Nagraj,

Are you running Lightweight Directory Access Protocol or Active Directory Application Mode on the server which you are accessing for LDAP? Or what type of LDAP server is this?