Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Clients have lost connectivity to SEPM server after upgrade to 11.0.6

Posted Apr 21, 2010 11:18 AM
    I have two locations with one SEPM server in each location. The clients in each location connect to their respective server. yesterday I upgraded bothe servers from 11.0.5 to 11.0.6. All appeared to go well until I noticed today that the clients in location 2 are not connected to the SEPM server. Each client in that location does not have the green circle on the shield icon and they show as disconnected in the console. I can PING the server from the client and I can PING the client from the server. There are no firewalls between them. Everything worked fine until the upgrade yesterday. Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: Clients have lost connectivity to SEPM server after upgrade to 11.0.6

Posted Apr 21, 2010 12:10 PM
    You may not like my answer.  I had to uninstall and reinstall the clients AND the server.  I'm still in "testing" with SEP so I have just 40 of 2500 clients running SEP, the other 2460 clients are still running SAVCE.  I upgraded the SEPM server from 11.0.5 to 11.0.6 and encountered the same issue you describe.  I tried replacing the sylink files manually.  I tried by using the sylink replacer utility.  I tried uninstall/reinstall the client, all no good.  Each client could talk to the server because I used the secars webpage test (http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2007101711140148) and it replied with "OK."  I finally uninstalled/reinstalled clients and the server and things are running OK now.  The client shields have their green dots and the SEPM console clients have their green dots.

• 3.  RE: Clients have lost connectivity to SEPM server after upgrade to 11.0.6

Posted Apr 21, 2010 12:51 PM
    LOL. I didn't like your answer. i actually fixed it. I used the Manage Certificate function in SEPM and updated the server certificate using the jks file that was saved in the backup folder of my primary SEPM server. After i restarted the server/ services the clients started communicating with the server.

• 4.  RE: Clients have lost connectivity to SEPM server after upgrade to 11.0.6

Posted Apr 21, 2010 01:00 PM
    Glad to hear that!  Because rerunning the Manage Certificate Wizard was another step I tried but didn't work for me either.  I'm glad I'm still in testing.