Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Clients not Updating since 24th Novemeber

Created: 10 Dec 2012 • Updated: 10 Dec 2012 | 9 comments
Ajit Jha's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi Guys!!!

I have Query for you all to solve.

Scenario:

  • SEPM Master server with Various Domain Servers.
  • Each Doamin having one LUA for updates.
  • Master SEPM, Domain SEPM and LUA updating perfectly.
  • All the Domain Clients updating correctly, but in one Doamin few Clients are Also Updating

Issue: Clients Not updating Since 24th November.

Wokstation: Win 7 Professional x64 Bit

SEPM Version: 12.1 RU1 MP1

SEP Version: 12.1 RU2

Steps Followed to Fix:

  • Checked the LUA Download and Distribution, it is perdect.
  • Checked SEPM its in Good Condition.
  • Ran the SEP Tool on the Clients, no as such Error.
  • Repaired the SEP Client, but no solution.
  • Modified the SEP Client with .MSI package, it worked.
  • No Connectivity Issue from SEP to SEPM and LUA

Concern: Cannot modify 2000 Clients manually. Nee the Solution which can be deployed centrally.

Request all our Trusted Advisers, Technical Support Guys and other members to please have a good look on the situation and scenario and come up with the positive response.

Thank you all in advance.

Comments 9 CommentsJump to latest comment

Ashish-Sharma's picture

HI,

Also Check one or two system Windows firewall and UAC should be disabled ?

Thanks In Advance

Ashish Sharma

pete_4u2002's picture

is teh client communicating with the SEPM?

can you post the sylink log from one of the client?

Ajit Jha's picture

Ashish,

As i have mentioned that there is no communication issue. anyways its properly connecting to LUA but fails with the Error " Session Complete 0 update(s) avaialbel.

I guess something worng with the SEP Client itself

Regard's

Ajit Jha

Technical Consultant

ASC & STS

Ajit Jha's picture

I Confirm that the Firewall and UAC is disabled.

Regard's

Ajit Jha

Technical Consultant

ASC & STS

Ashish-Sharma's picture

Hi,

Check this artical and also provide sylink log.

Symantec Endpoint Protection Managed Clients Fail to Update Content Via LiveUpdate without Obvious Error.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH158623

Thanks In Advance

Ashish Sharma

Ajit Jha's picture

Hi Ashish

Thanks for sharing that Article, but there is a Single LU Policy for all the Groups, so how come few clints get latest definitions and others a Specific revision i.e. dated 24th November's.

Anyways its "Use Latest" selected.

Regard's

Ajit Jha

Technical Consultant

ASC & STS

pete_4u2002's picture

could be corrupt definition. have you opened a support case?

sylink log can give some insight/

Ajit Jha's picture

Hi Pete,

You a rights its Corrupt definitions which is causing it, otherwise modifying SEP woluldnt have fixed the Issue.

I have opened a support case, but yet to recieve any response from them.

Regard's

Ajit Jha

Technical Consultant

ASC & STS

Ajit Jha's picture

Hi Guys!!!

There is Good news on this Issue. I have opened a Support case with Symantec yesterday itself but nobody turned up. Anyways, i have slove the issue of my Own with the Troubleshooting steps performed with LUA. Here is the Quick Summary:

ISSUE: SEP agents not updating definitions after 24th November 2012.

CAUSE: LUA Download Folder was corrupt.

SOLUTION: The following steps were taken to resolve the issue:

  1. Deleted the contents of C:\TempDownload.
  2. Recreated Distributution folder in LUA Directory.
  3. Recreated the Download and Distribution Folder.
  4. Created a New Manual Download Request.
  5. Downloaded the definitions.
  6. Created a New Manual Distribution Request.
  7. Update the clients using Manual Distribution request.

STATUS: Issue has been resolved.

Cheers!!!smiley

Regard's

Ajit Jha

Technical Consultant

ASC & STS

SOLUTION