Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Clone error Dell Optiplex 760 (Intel 82567LM-3 NIC and AHCI disk controller)

• 1.  Clone error Dell Optiplex 760 (Intel 82567LM-3 NIC and AHCI disk controller)

Posted Aug 26, 2010 04:11 PM
    Ghost Solution suite 11.5.1.2261.

When I clone pc Dell Optiplex 760 operation failed with error: timed out client.
    Pc are Intel 82567LM-3 NIC and AHCI Matrix ICH10 sata controller

I rebuild win pe with SATA driver ICH10 and Intel 82567L LAN Card, but with no result .

Regards
    Giuliano

• 2.  RE: Clone error Dell Optiplex 760 (Intel 82567LM-3 NIC and AHCI disk controller)

Posted Aug 26, 2010 07:05 PM

Hi,

Did you add the Windows Vista driver to the WinPE boot package ?

Regards
    Prasanna

• 3.  RE: Clone error Dell Optiplex 760 (Intel 82567LM-3 NIC and AHCI disk controller)

Posted Aug 26, 2010 07:11 PM

Hi,

While the task is running check the status of the client machine. Does it get disconnected in console ? This might be also a reason for client timed out.

Regards,
    Prasanna

• 4.  RE: Clone error Dell Optiplex 760 (Intel 82567LM-3 NIC and AHCI disk controller)

Posted Aug 27, 2010 02:38 AM

Hi,
    on event logs there is an error on "In virtual partition" phase.
    Clients during operation became off line.
    On Client machine system is instable and have to be restarted.

Win PE ( a copy) is rebuild adding Vista (32) drivers for ich10 and intel 82567.
    I used files in this thread:
    http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/optiplex-760s-ghost-console-winpe.

On client property i use:
    PRE OS virtual partition: winpe modified
    Manually selected template: intel 82567 driver for vista 32.

Giuliano

• 5.  RE: Clone error Dell Optiplex 760 (Intel 82567LM-3 NIC and AHCI disk controller)

Posted Aug 27, 2010 04:02 AM
    Hi,

Rather than using the Intel drivers use the drivers from the Dell website. Its worked for me many a times. Given below is the link to the drivers,

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz&ServiceTag=&SystemID=PLX_760&os=WLH&osl=en&catid=&impid=

Under Network choose the last option Intel Driver with the version 11.6.92.0, A04 and under SATA Drives choose Intel driver with the version 9.6.0.1014, A04

These drivers are .exe files and upon executing them will extract it to a specified folder.

Before adding these drivers uncheck the NIC and SATA drivers that you have added previously to WinPE.

After adding these drivers to WinPE choose the modified template, click on edit and make sure the drivers you have added are checked.

Hope this helps smiley

Regards,
    Prasanna
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

If you feel your issue has been addressed to, please use the "Mark as Solution" link for the relevant thread.

• 6.  RE: Clone error Dell Optiplex 760 (Intel 82567LM-3 NIC and AHCI disk controller)

Posted Aug 27, 2010 09:14 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi,

Please add the below mentioned storage driver rather than the one that you have added and it should help you.

Hope it helps !

Attachment(s)

zip
    Intel SATA driver.zip   198 KB 1 version

• 7.  RE: Clone error Dell Optiplex 760 (Intel 82567LM-3 NIC and AHCI disk controller)

Posted Aug 27, 2010 09:47 AM
    nice article

• 8.  RE: Clone error Dell Optiplex 760 (Intel 82567LM-3 NIC and AHCI disk controller)

Posted Aug 28, 2010 03:09 AM
    Same error.
    I use DELL driver for NIC (version 11.6.92.0, A04) and Intel SATA driver . I also tried with DELL Sata driver but no changes.

If I use in Pre-OS PC DOS in palce of WIN PE (copy modified) error is: "can not restart the client from the recovery partition".

I did not understand a thing: if i take an image, client work correctly in WINPE, why not when i clone?

thanks for your attention.
    Giuliano

• 9.  RE: Clone error Dell Optiplex 760 (Intel 82567LM-3 NIC and AHCI disk controller)

Posted Aug 29, 2010 10:31 AM
    Hi

I have a few conclusion from the above postings and replying you.
    When you are adding a new driver or you deleting the old driver that you added?
    In Console click on TOOLS -->> OPTIONS -->> a new window opens and in that click on the CLIENT TAB and check for the PREOS type.
    Similarly select the machine and give a right click and then select PROPERTIES -->> click on CLIENT TAB and check for the PREOS in that also.
    In both the places the PRE-OS should be the same.
    You can use the SATA drivers posted by Venakatnathan and for NIC - 82567 you can try downloading the drivers from the below mentioned link.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/downloads/nic-drivers-intel-82567lm-792010

I would suggest you to create a new WINPE package and delete all the previously added drivers.
    Update us on the same very much eager to know the result.

• 10.  RE: Clone error Dell Optiplex 760 (Intel 82567LM-3 NIC and AHCI disk controller)

Posted Aug 30, 2010 05:07 AM

Hi,
    for every evenience I unistall all client and ghost Console.
    I manually delete all files in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Dati applicazioni\Symantec\Ghost except privkey.crt and pubkey.crt both in client and in ghost console machine.
    I reinstall on ghost console machine English version (before I had Italian version).
    I recreate personalized WinPe version (Tools\Boot wizard:  copy of original Win PE  )
    I add SATA drivers posted by Venakatnathan (only Vista 32 driver) and NIC - 82567 from DELL site. I removed some driver that i don't have as Lynksys and D-link.
    I checked that Intel SATA Driver and my 82567 was checked.
    I changed on Tools\Options properties "client" tab Virtual Partiton PreOS with my personalized.
    I remote installed client
    I changed on client properties "client" tab Virtual Partiton PreOS with my personalized.
    I also changed Network setting when using Virtual Partition with new Ndis2 driver (from original 82567 NIC driver DELL).
    I add a new task with clone and configuration check enabled.

Client are Win XP 32 with 1 only partition
    Image is Vista 32

Task initiated succesfully, but system don't reboot. Ghost Client disconnects after about 3 minutes and seems to be freezed, even tips on try icon reports "managed by ComputerName at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.

Thanks
    Giuliano

• 11.  RE: Clone error Dell Optiplex 760 (Intel 82567LM-3 NIC and AHCI disk controller)

Posted Aug 30, 2010 11:15 AM

watching the forum i found that can be a bug on 11.5.1.2266 version of ghost console and Matrix AHCI driver .
    I did the test with a blank disk on client CDROM.
    How it works.

I think 11.5.1.2269 patch may solve problem.

I can ask there or should I make the request in this thread https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/gss25-not-updating-live-update

Giuliano