Anyone point me in the direction of a doc that specifies whats new in CMS 7.5.
since there is no definite release date there are no documents about it. The main points I guess are the redesign of deployment solution and the full support of MAC OS. But what is really included we will know when we have the release to be released.
I think you'll have to wait for release for it to be confirmed, they could pull any feature up to then if it proves to be a problem.
There may be some stuff available from Vision Barcelona.
The main things I'm aware of are the Internet Based Client allowing management of machines across the internet ("Cloud based management") and the relaxing of the requirement for all Site Servers to be Task, Package and Deployment Servers for Deployment Solution.
Authorised Symantec Consultant (ASC) with Endpoint Management Limited, an Authorised Symantec Delivery Provider based in the UK.
Connect Etiquette: "Mark as Solution" posts that fix your problem, thumbs up for useful
Jusy trying to stop a customer jumping ship to SCCM. A couple of the things I've read sound good.
The Internet Client Management side.
The 'sensible' changes in deployment server regarding PXE boot/managed unmanaged machines.
I attached a couple of docs i had to help your case...
Cloud Enabled Management requires https, does DS 7.5 pre boot support this now?
DS 7.5 supports https (SSL) in Preboot Environment (not through the IG). I´ve installed a SMP Server with https (SSL Enabled) and the DS 7.5 Beta worked well with pectagent connecting through 443.
Good to know, thanks.
Getting closer people:
"ITMS 7.5 installation, upgrade, and migration prerequisites"
Wow. Good to see their sticking to form with broken links in there already.
To be fair, I suspect they're just internal only at the moment.
So what is the last word on released timeframe on this version?
Sept was supposed to be a released and then it got pushed to dec in fact one of the user groups was planning a big release party in Dec but looks like all of this is on hold. So looks like they are delaying this release again.
Has anyone else heard anything?
I've heard "first half of 2013".
New CEO is big on a quality, stable product. We're all waiting for the new version but I'd rather it not be buggy.
A week or so back 2nd line support told me end Dec/early Jan; at the same time they told me SD 7.5 was due out soon.
Hum, never know. We were expecting ITMS 7.5, and we got notification from our customer Service Desk 7.5 was out, and surprise us. But expected ITMS 7.5 "today", not there, needing ask SE Symantec to get info... receive Q2 2013 answer.
I see also here ITMS 7.5 later 2013: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/altiris-itms-75#comment-8036061
But perhaps, this time, we will not have to ask our customers to wait for SP1 or MP1 before upgrading ?
~Pascal @ Kotte.net~ Do you speak French? Et utilisez Altiris: venez nous rejoindre sur le GUASF
I suspect after the fiasco of the 7.1 release, which wasn't usable until SP1 was released for it, Symantec will wait much longer to vet out any produciton issues from the 7.5 release.
It is because of these issues, with releases and untimely updates that we are now migrating to another platform. 7.1 SP1 is still in service and chgging along but there are some hinderances making it a truly robust solution.
I would like to see 7.5 integrate fully with Symantec's cloud storage and app store technologies but I do not think that is planned until an 8.0 release.
Specialist | Client Design
Director | Symantec CT User Group
If you find this post helpful please give it a thumbs up!
If you find that this solves your problem please mark it as the solu
Most of the time, we were considering the "SP0" as a beta and never recommand it to customers. allways waiting for a SP1 or MP1, or more... :)
It is not true any more for Microsoft Products, and Symantec must run the same way ;-)
That is a good Idea to delay, but a fix for 7.1, to support earlier windows 8 & 2012 will be a MUST.
PS. We are now sp2+mp1.1, if not crashed a part of the latest MP upgrade (as I see one customer site), should be a lot more stable now with this version. !!
But aren't we up to Hotfix 2 to MP1.1 already and with a host of fixes on the support site not due for a fix until 7.5?