Video Screencast Help

CMS Patch 7.1 SP2 - After Upgrade new agent install files missing

Created: 30 May 2012 • Updated: 02 Aug 2012 | 8 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

After Upgrading from CMS SP1 to SP2 i've got a problem where Patch 7.1 SP2 appears to have not installe correctly.

There agent packages appear to be missing, how do fix this.

I've tried and repair and unintsall reinstall but still the same.

See attched for details

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

mclemson's picture

The upgrade fails to update the old components.  There's a fix for you in this KB:
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH187835

Does this help?

Mike Clemson, Senior Systems Engineer, ASC
Intuitive Technology Group -- Symantec Platinum Partner
intuitivetech.com

Darren Price's picture

Link doesn't appear to work, do you remember what to do?

Thanks,

Darren

mclemson's picture

It looks like the solution was made internal only.  You will need to open a case.  It looks like you've already done that.

Mike Clemson, Senior Systems Engineer, ASC
Intuitive Technology Group -- Symantec Platinum Partner
intuitivetech.com

Roman Vassiljev's picture

Hello,

Could you please provide information about version of CMS before upgrade. Did you install hotfixes before upgrade?

BTW, You may try to create(clone) new policies (based on original NS policies("Software Update Plug-in Upgrade" and "Software Update Plug-in Install"). Then delete old policies that have issue.

Thanks,
Roman

Darren Price's picture

Version before has CMS 7.1 SP1 now CMS 7.1 SP2b

Altiris Agent Version: Before: 7.1.135151 New One: 7.1.15280.8280

Software Update Version: Before: 7.1.2360 New One: 7.1.7580

Cloning the policy produces the same problem:

"No package could be found for the selected Agent policy"

As per attched

Cheers,

Darren

ScreenHunter_01 Jun. 07 15.44.jpg
Dmitri Sarin's picture

Hi Darren,

This is happening becuase a duplicate software resource already exists in the model.

Please ask support to provide a solution for this case.

 

Thank you!

Darren Price's picture

Problem ended up being to do with the cloned plocies I had from SP1.

Support deleted all existing cloned policies then I recloned the default ones and all is now working.

 

SOLUTION