File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  compatibility of PGP 10.3.1 MP1 with bootcamp - translation errors of release notes

Posted Dec 23, 2013 01:55 AM

according to the release notes of version 10.3.1 MP1 it states on 2nd page at "important note":

"Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3.1 MP1 is compatible with Apple Boot Camp on Mac OS X 10.8".

as German native speaker however I found in the German version of the release notes following:

"Beachten Sie jedoch, dass Symantec Encryption Desktop auf Mac OS X 10.8 nicht mit Apple Boot Camp kompatibel ist"

I have highlighted the word "nicht" in bold - which means that 10.3.1 MP1 is NOT compatible with BootCamp.

what is true? I assume that 10.3.1 MP1 still supports boot camp, however the future 10.3.2 version will not...

• 2.  RE: compatibility of PGP 10.3.1 MP1 with bootcamp - translation errors of release notes

Posted Dec 23, 2013 11:10 AM

Thanks for spotting the problem. The information found in the english version of the release notes is the correct one and it should be followed. Nevertheless, we will make the necessary correction in the german release notes.

• 3.  RE: compatibility of PGP 10.3.1 MP1 with bootcamp - translation errors of release notes
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 26, 2013 12:24 PM
      |   view attached

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Bipin. Attached are the corrected German release notes for the 10.3.1 MP1 release.

Attachment(s)