Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Configuring policies for Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.4 for Mac

Posted Nov 04, 2013 09:09 AM

I was looking over the kb article on how to configure policies on SEP 12.1.4 for OS X. I was wondering if there is any way to configure the policies on the client during the installation? We do not have a SEPM server managing our Macs and I'd like to disable the Network Threat Protection on all clients during or post installation. As well as ensure LiveUpdate is set. I'd like to be able to do this silently and not via the GUI. Is there a way to do this? 

Thanks

Allen 

• 2.  RE: Configuring policies for Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.4 for Mac

Posted Nov 04, 2013 09:20 AM

If you dont have SEPM installed then you need to do all the policies after the install.

However you can set up a sepm on your laptop or win7 machine,configure the polices, export the package then do the install. You can later uninstall it 

MSI switches are reduced in 12.1

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH177946

Installing Symantec Endpoint Protection for Macintosh

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH131675

• 3.  RE: Configuring policies for Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.4 for Mac

Posted Nov 04, 2013 09:21 AM

You can configure the policies before/after installing on the Mac. There is no way to configure during.

• 4.  RE: Configuring policies for Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.4 for Mac

Posted Nov 04, 2013 09:30 AM

I wouldn't be using MSI switches in OS X. But I'm guessing that any kind of configuration is severly limited unless you have a SEPM installed? 

• 5.  RE: Configuring policies for Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.4 for Mac

Posted Nov 04, 2013 09:33 AM

Is there a way of configuring the policies silently (without a SEPM) or does everything have to occur on the client in the GUI?

• 6.  RE: Configuring policies for Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.4 for Mac

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Nov 04, 2013 09:35 AM

Hello,

To configure Virus and Spyware Protection, Network Threat Protection (Intrusion Prevention) and LiveUpdate policies for Mac. Check these Articles:

Configuring policies for Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.4 for Mac

Overview for Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.4 for Mac

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/overview-symantec-endpoint-protection-1214-mac

Hope that helps!!

• 7.  RE: Configuring policies for Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.4 for Mac

Posted Nov 04, 2013 09:36 AM

Without SEPM its not possible. Set a temporary one. Yes msi is applicable to MaC , :)

• 8.  RE: Configuring policies for Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.4 for Mac

Posted Nov 04, 2013 09:38 AM

Not possible. Everything needs to be done from the SEPM if managed or if unmanaged than you do after the client has been installed.

• 9.  RE: Configuring policies for Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.4 for Mac

Posted Nov 04, 2013 04:32 PM

I set up a temporary SEPM and tried exporting a Custom Mac Installer. Unfortunately there is not an option to disable Network Threat Protection. I can only export an unmanaged Mac Installer with or without the definition files. Network threat protection is still on by default. It looks like the only way to disable it is to turn it off in the GUI or via the SEPM console for managed clients.

Allen