Connection issue in basic replication settings
Hello guys, I am a newbi in vvr. I am trying to setup replication between three volumes but not able to do it after creating an RDS. I have done following things:-
1. Created two RHEL 5 nodes in vmware, installed volume manager on it.
Created following volumes on both node1 and node2:-
2. Attached three disks sda, sdb and sdc. OS installed on sda.
3. Created disk group ov-dg for sdba and sdc.
4. Created four mirrored volumes ov-volume-etc 1g, ov-volume-var 1g, ov-volume-lcore 1g and ov-volume-srl 3g
5. Created ext3 filesystem on ov-volume-etc, ov-volume-var and ov-volume-lcore
6. Added a + in single line in vi /etc/vx/vras/.rdg file on both nodes.
7. Created primary RVG on node1 : vradmin -g ov-dg createpri ov-rvg ov-volume-etc,ov-volume-var,ov-volume-lcore ov-volume-srl
8. Added a secondary using : vradmin -g ov-dg addsec ov-rvg rhela rhelb
Upto this step everything is good. I can see an RVG ov-rvg created on node2 also. But when I start replication I get following error:-
vradmin -g ov-dg -a startrep ov-rvg rhelb
VxVM VVR vxrlink INFO V-5-1-5298 Unable to establish connection with
remote host rhelb, retrying.
I have tried doing this many times deleted and recreated RDS but same error all time. I dont have any firewall enabled. I can telnet both nodes on heartbeat port. Passwordless ssh is enabled but still can't start replication.
Can anyone please guide me what is wrong here? It would be really appretiatable.
Note that I cannot make filesystem using vxfs format as it throws error when creating so I have used ext3 format.