Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Control Compliance Suite v11.0 change domain.

Created: 22 Oct 2013 | 2 comments
ckatsanikakis's picture

Hi,

I installed in a customer the Control Compliance Suite v11.0 under a specific domain. They migrate their servers to another domain and i am wondering if there is a solution to change the domain that CCS runs to the new domain. It is possible or i have to go by the hard way (reinstall CCS)?

BR,

Christos

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Matt Plourde's picture

I'm 99% sure you must reinstall because of ADAM... but, there may be a solution floating around,.

(even if there is a solution, I'd be wary of it... might be easier to reinstall, migrate content)

cmccoy2's picture

I am not aware of any option to "migrate to a new domain" for CCS.  Everything is dependent on the Domain and delegation during installation.  A Reinstall will be your best bet.   Make sure you export all of your standards.  Also there is no way of migrating your data from the old domain to the new.  You might be able to accomplish this by using the disaster recovery steps found in the Planning and Deployment guide, but I would be wary of it because the restore may be dependent on the original domain.