Video Screencast Help

Convert Non-Shared Liveupdate policy to Shared in SEPM12.1 RU1

Created: 25 Oct 2012 | 9 comments

Hi All,

Here i would like to know that below senario is possible or not.

We are using Symantec 12.1 RU1, where my default liveupdate policy is configured such a way that the client wouldn't connect to the manager and it will go to internet liveupdate server directly for update at a interval of 4hrs and same has been used & created non-shared on a group with multiple GUPs configured.

My question is "can i convert non-shared liveupdate policy to Shared with all GUP's should be present?"

Thanks & Regards,
Prasann
ICICI BANK,Technical leader
CCNA, ITIL (2011)

Comments 9 CommentsJump to latest comment

pete_4u2002's picture

if it  is non shared policy , go to policy tab of clients group , click on Task ---> copy the policy and then go to the client group you want to assign the policy , click on Task and paste.

immumbaikar's picture

Hi Pete,

I know that i can copy Non-shared policy and paste it on the group where i want.
But if you see my post my requirement is different.

Thanks & Regards,
Prasann
CCNA, ITIL (2011)

immumbaikar's picture

Hi Ashish,

If you see my post, my requirement is different.

Thanks & Regards,
Prasann
CCNA, ITIL (2011)

pete_4u2002's picture

"can i convert non-shared liveupdate policy to Shared with all GUP's should be present?"

where do GUP reside? different group? if different group the LU policy needs to be pasted to that group.

immumbaikar's picture

Hi Pete,

K..let me elaborate the case in brief.

Now my question is if i have configured 3000+ GUPs in non-shared Liveupdate policy then is it possible to copy all 3000+ GUP's to Shared (Default) Liveupdate policy?

Thanks & Regards,
Prasann
CCNA, ITIL (2011)

Shared (Default) Liveupdate policy.JPG Non-Shared Liveupdate policy.JPG
pete_4u2002's picture

if it is the same policy why do you want ti duplicate it?

yes it is possible to have 3000 gup client list , but it also may impact the processing.

greg12's picture

Yes.

Copy the policy (as Pete suggested) and paste it under Policies > [LiveUpdate] > LiveUpdate Settings in the main policy view. Now the policy is automatically converted in a shared policy (including all GUPs in it).

Riya31's picture

Export the non shared policy -->click on policy tab-->liveupdate policy--->import the non shared policy-->right click on it--->assign it to all (desired) group.