Convert to virtual from point in time grayed out
I use BE 2012 in a Hyper-V environment.
I am performing a test disaster recovery exercise under the scenario that our datacenter has been destroyed in a fire. I have tapes, a server, and a tape drive in an off site location that will be used for the restore.
I have gone through the following steps.
1) Backup to disk and then duplicate to tape using our primary BE server
2) Tape has been taken off site
3) Simulated fire
4) Installed BE 2012 on off site server
5) Inventoried and cataloged off site tape on the newly created BE server
6) I can see the servers I have backed up and can perform normal restores but the option to convert to virtual is grayed out. If I go to the same server on our primary BE server, the option is available.
I figure I have missed a step.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give,