Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

corp edition 10.2 for vista during install gives error 1920 when trying to load rtvscan.exe

• 1.  corp edition 10.2 for vista during install gives error 1920 when trying to load rtvscan.exe

Posted Nov 13, 2008 07:54 PM

when installing symantec antivirus corporate edition 10.2 for vista every time i get error 1920 when trying to load rtvscan.exe.  when i try to manually load rtvscan.exe it gives error 1067.

is it true that symantec does not care enough about their customers to provide a solution to this problem.  prove me wrong symantec.  help me out.  other threads regarding this problem had no solution or they just explain that said symantec and microsoft do not care enough to fix it.

in addition to following every related forum instruction regarding this error message i also tried the below steps to fix the problem:

1 - ran norton removal tool.

2 - followed symantecs manual step by step registry uninstall instructions.

3 - unsuccessful install of 10.2 with error 1920.

1 - installed norton antivirus 2009 trial version successfully.

2 - installed 10.2 over 2009 but would not complete installation.

1 - installed norton antivirus 2009 trial version successfully.

2 - uninstalled 2009.

3 - ran norton removal tool.

4 - unsuccessful install of 10.2 with error 1920.

help!

• 2.  RE: corp edition 10.2 for vista during install gives error 1920 when trying to load rtvscan.exe

Posted Dec 09, 2008 06:16 AM
    hey symantec, thank you so much for your help.  my question has been on the board for almost a month and no kind of response.  it seems like symantec would care enough about the quality of their products to answer any forum discussions that appear to have no solution.  thank you symantec for caring so much.  cheers.