Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Could not establish connection with Ghost TCP/IT Slave (1633)

Created: 05 Oct 2012 • Updated: 08 Oct 2012 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

My company is using a trial version of Ghost. I am simply trying to do a peer to peer image from a laptop that is the master, to a workstation that is the slave. I selected the non DNS version and entered static IPs. However, when booting up, both machines come up with an IP of 127.0.0.1. What might I be doing wrong here?

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

EdT's picture

If the machines are coming up with an IP of 127.0.0.1 then this indicates that the NIC was unable to source a TCP/IP address from the DHCP server, which is usually caused by using the wrong NIC driver. I suspect the same is true even if static IP addresses are being used, as you cannot apply an IP address to a NIC if there is no valid driver mounted.

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.

Greg S's picture

Thank you for the info. I did need drivers for my latop. This is probably for a different forum, but I will ask this question here. as well as post it as a new question:

When I do a peer to peer image to disk, my C drive is unavaiable. Is this by design?

EdT's picture

Since you have already started a new thread with the same question, I will not duplicate effort by repeating my reply here.

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.