Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Create NEW Client Install Package for SEP ver. 12.1.2

Created: 26 Nov 2012 • Updated: 26 Nov 2012 | 5 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I have downloaded the new MAC Client 12.1.2 and want to create a new Client Install Package. I am having trouble accomplishing this task. When I go to ADMIN, Client Install Package, I right click where the packages are listed and click ADD. I specify a name for the package and specify the source, however when I click OK to create I get the following message - It starts by Unzipping the client I downloaded from the FileConnect site but fails due to the SYLINK.XML file being missing or corrupted. Can someone tell me where I can find instructions for creating a new Install Package?

Please keep in mind that I am not trying to Export the MAC package at this time, I need to create the new one with the new version first.

Thanks,

Dan

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Rafeeq's picture

You need to follow this document

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH102215

For Macintosh SEP Export Package the correct source path needs to be directed to an .info file under the following location: <Installation_source>\SEPM\Packages\Sep_mac.info

The files can be found either in the complete download e.g. Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1_RU1_Part1_Installation_XX.exe or Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1_RU1_SEPM_XX.exe (SEPM only)

SOLUTION
MichaelD50's picture

Start by upgrading your SEPM to 12.1 RU2; this will add the needed updated SEP for Mac and SEP for PC packages.

MJD

DanWillman's picture

I appreciate the info and I will upgrade the Management console. For the sake of argument, I downloaded the full install, attempted to make the new Client Install Package, but still says that the SYLINK.XML file is missing or corrupted, so I must be missing something easy here.

D

Rafeeq's picture

rename.info

to .zip

view it with winzip tool

do you see sylink.xml ?

DanWillman's picture

Sorry guys, after reading a little closer to one of the replies above I got it figured out!

Thanks a bunch!