Video Screencast Help
Symantec Appoints Michael A. Brown CEO. Learn more.

Create NEW Client Install Package for SEP ver. 12.1.2

Created: 26 Nov 2012 • Updated: 26 Nov 2012 | 5 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I have downloaded the new MAC Client 12.1.2 and want to create a new Client Install Package. I am having trouble accomplishing this task. When I go to ADMIN, Client Install Package, I right click where the packages are listed and click ADD. I specify a name for the package and specify the source, however when I click OK to create I get the following message - It starts by Unzipping the client I downloaded from the FileConnect site but fails due to the SYLINK.XML file being missing or corrupted. Can someone tell me where I can find instructions for creating a new Install Package?

Please keep in mind that I am not trying to Export the MAC package at this time, I need to create the new one with the new version first.

Thanks,

Dan

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Rafeeq's picture

You need to follow this document

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH102215

For Macintosh SEP Export Package the correct source path needs to be directed to an .info file under the following location: <Installation_source>\SEPM\Packages\Sep_mac.info

The files can be found either in the complete download e.g. Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1_RU1_Part1_Installation_XX.exe or Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_12.1_RU1_SEPM_XX.exe (SEPM only)

SOLUTION
MichaelD50's picture

Start by upgrading your SEPM to 12.1 RU2; this will add the needed updated SEP for Mac and SEP for PC packages.

MJD

DanWillman's picture

I appreciate the info and I will upgrade the Management console. For the sake of argument, I downloaded the full install, attempted to make the new Client Install Package, but still says that the SYLINK.XML file is missing or corrupted, so I must be missing something easy here.

D

Rafeeq's picture

rename.info

to .zip

view it with winzip tool

do you see sylink.xml ?

DanWillman's picture

Sorry guys, after reading a little closer to one of the replies above I got it figured out!

Thanks a bunch!