Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Creating a boot image (USB, or CD/DVD) for a Dell Vostro 360 All-in-One

Posted May 30, 2012 12:50 PM

I have purchased 12 Dell Vostro 360 All-in-One's for use in an office setting.  I have been attempting to create a network boot image for the device, but as of yet have been unsuccessful.

The issue I am running into is locating a suitable network driver for the RealTek RTL8111E.  They system boots fine into WinPE and Ghost32 starts; however, the NIC only has a loopback address (127.0.0.1).  I am unable to release or refresh the ip address.  When I attempt this, the response is that there is no adapter available.

Any suggestions?  thank you, Paul

• 2.  RE: Creating a boot image (USB, or CD/DVD) for a Dell Vostro 360 All-in-One
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: Creating a boot image (USB, or CD/DVD) for a Dell Vostro 360 All-in-One

Posted May 30, 2012 02:36 PM

EdT - you are an out and out GENIUS!

I did download a different driver set.  That, in conjunction with another solution you had posted about using FreeDOS HIMEM.EXE, created me a bootable usb drive.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I am still trying to get WinPE to cooperate, also as you have suggested to many, and I believe I have a better grasp on that as well.

Be well and I'm sure I'll lean on your expertise again.

Paul

• 4.  RE: Creating a boot image (USB, or CD/DVD) for a Dell Vostro 360 All-in-One

Posted May 31, 2012 06:13 AM

If you have not already found my articles on WinPE you can have a look at:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/readyadventures-winpe

This link covers the version of WinPE used with Ghost, but also carries a link to a newer article covering WinPE 3.1 which is the latest version.