Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Creating WinPE image to go on a Optiplex 380

Created: 01 Apr 2010 • Updated: 06 Oct 2010 | 2 comments

Greetings Everyone,

Right now I am having issues getting my WinPE image to go on to the drive.  I have wiped it and can get a old WinPE image out.  But I have tried to inject the new drivers.  When I do this it gets to the part where it put the image on the drive and I get an Application error 25058 error.  I have tried both of the switches I found on the site.  -ntsamesize, and -ntexact.  Neither have worked.  I have downloaded and tried every XP, Vista, and 7 driver on Dells site.  This doesnt fix the problem. 

The reason I need the new drivers is if I stick with my old image it goes to the screen looking for the ghost server and can find it because it can find it.  When I put the correct Nic driver on it.  It will find the ghost server it will ping with the Broadcom 57XX driver but will not let me put a image on it without getting that error above.

Does anyone A: Know the correct storage driver to help me. Or B: Know anything else to try. 

That was probably not a good explanation.  If you need more clarification let me know.

Thanks In Advance.

Lance Peterson

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Randall Newnham's picture

Lance,

Add these storage drivers to the WIndows PE boot image:

Intel ICH9 and ICH10 SATA controller drivers:

Specifically, the Intel ICH10 is the correct one.

The network card is the Intel 82567:

Intel 82567 driver:

Thank you,

Randy

tch's picture

I usually clone these Optiplex 380 with these options comand line for ghost : -ntc- -fni -ffx -fns -ntil
It's working fine.

Best regards.
TCh