Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Creating WinPE image to go on a Optiplex 380

Posted Apr 01, 2010 03:24 PM

Greetings Everyone,

Right now I am having issues getting my WinPE image to go on to the drive.  I have wiped it and can get a old WinPE image out.  But I have tried to inject the new drivers.  When I do this it gets to the part where it put the image on the drive and I get an Application error 25058 error.  I have tried both of the switches I found on the site.  -ntsamesize, and -ntexact.  Neither have worked.  I have downloaded and tried every XP, Vista, and 7 driver on Dells site.  This doesnt fix the problem. 

The reason I need the new drivers is if I stick with my old image it goes to the screen looking for the ghost server and can find it because it can find it.  When I put the correct Nic driver on it.  It will find the ghost server it will ping with the Broadcom 57XX driver but will not let me put a image on it without getting that error above.

Does anyone A: Know the correct storage driver to help me. Or B: Know anything else to try. 

That was probably not a good explanation.  If you need more clarification let me know.

Thanks In Advance.

Lance Peterson

• 2.  RE: Creating WinPE image to go on a Optiplex 380

Posted Apr 01, 2010 03:37 PM
    Lance,

Add these storage drivers to the WIndows PE boot image:

Intel ICH9 and ICH10 SATA controller drivers:
    Specifically, the Intel ICH10 is the correct one.

The network card is the Intel 82567:

Intel 82567 driver:
    Thank you,

Randy

• 3.  RE: Creating WinPE image to go on a Optiplex 380

Posted Apr 06, 2010 12:03 AM
    I usually clone these Optiplex 380 with these options comand line for ghost : -ntc- -fni -ffx -fns -ntil
    It's working fine.

Best regards.
    TCh