Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  Custom Settings for SEP 12.1 RU2 Only accessible via Back button?

Posted Feb 26, 2013 04:15 PM

I exported an umnagaged client version of SEP 12.1 RU2 for off site clients.  During the install I noticed that it says in one of the steps to click the Back button for additional settings.  Click back does give me extra options such as installed features etc.  I was wondering if this is the default behavior for SEP 12.1 RU2 or if I have somehow incorrectly exported the install package.  This seems like a poor design if it is the default behavior.

• 2.  RE: Custom Settings for SEP 12.1 RU2 Only accessible via Back button?

Posted Feb 26, 2013 04:19 PM

There are no extra options. The Back button is there in case you decide before clicking Install that you want to go back and make a setting change.

Say you didn't add NTP component and right before you click Install you decide you want to go back and use NTP after all. You can click Back to go and check the box to install it.

All the option are right there for you you though when going through the install. There are no extra options.

• 3.  RE: Custom Settings for SEP 12.1 RU2 Only accessible via Back button?

Posted Feb 27, 2013 01:51 PM

I did a test with the single file un-managed SEP client installer that I created by exporting it from SEPM and the SEP client from the ISO CD and it appears the the the options for Managed vs Unmanged and Typical vs Custom are skipped with the exporeted install.  If you use the back button you can get back and change them.  The files fom the ISO just have the prompts in the correct order.  Is this the default behavior?

• 4.  RE: Custom Settings for SEP 12.1 RU2 Only accessible via Back button?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 27, 2013 02:04 PM

Yes, I've seen this before