Data centre migration - NetBackup BMR for Solaris clients
Need some advise on migration strategy to migrate Solaris based physical clients from one DC to another. The target DC is a different NetBackup domain.
- The client data is hosted on EMC and NetApp storage.
- There is no network connectivity between source and target data centres.
- The cutover options are likely to be limited to the physical transfer and restore of data using tape media.
- The target DC server hardware and firmware will be "near" identical to the source environment.
I am planning to use NetBackup BMR (currently NBU is being used in source DC for client backup with NO BMR). I understand that a BMR master server and Boot Server (seperate boot server) needs to be introduced. The SRT process
The target DC will have NBU Master/Media servers and a compatible storage library.
- Image import (2 phase import) from tape media will be required
- I need to use network boot option as transfer of boot media (CD/DVD) will not be allowed
- Can I transfer the network boot image on tape to the target DC and restore on target client?
- Do I need BMR master and boot server in target DC?
- What else do I need in the source and target DCs?