Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  Data Insight 4.0 connection to DLP 12.0

Posted Aug 10, 2013 12:57 PM

So I can easily add the Data Insight 4.0 connection from inside DLP without any problem.  When I go to make the connection from Data Insight back to DLP I can't seem to get it.

I've followed the instructions to export the DLP cert and import into cmmd.keystore.  I've even tried using various aliases beyond the suggested "dlp" one, including the hostname and fqdn of the DLP box.

In the end whether I use the datainsight user I added to the DLP console,  or the builtin Administrator DLP account,  and specifiying correct reports,  I get the standard error when I try and test the connection and see that it fails.

Anyone either have this working or know a good way to debug the issue?

Thanks,

Joe Saland

FishNet Security

• 2.  RE: Data Insight 4.0 connection to DLP 12.0

Posted Aug 13, 2013 05:31 AM

Dear Joe,

Please refer below

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/integrate-data-insight-enforce-server

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/new-release-symantec-data-insight-40

• 3.  RE: Data Insight 4.0 connection to DLP 12.0
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 13, 2013 01:48 PM

Good afternoon,

In Data Insight i have my user setup following this patern: Role\username:Domain so Reporting\DataInsight:ITS.CLOUD as the domain must match what shows up in the domain section for logging into DLP.

Role is the DLP Role

User is the DLP user (Note the Captialization as my Domain Account has capitlization in the samaccountanme)

Domain: MUST match what you see in the domain drop down

• 4.  RE: Data Insight 4.0 connection to DLP 12.0

Posted Aug 16, 2013 02:20 PM

Thanks Jesse,  that worked.  The username needs to be as you specified, role\username:domain appropriately capitalized.  It seems I might have been getting an error on the DLP console about something trying to use an old version of the reporting API.  I wonder if that was related.