data lifecycle management and rentention period
Created: 02 Dec 2013 • Updated: 17 Dec 2013 | 1 comment
This issue has been solved. See solution.
I am newer to backup exec 2012
1 what is DLM,
2 I want to take backup to disk folder and i want to take weekly full backup and daily incremental backup with retention period of two weeks.
How do i set the retention period.
(I am running out of disk space , with 2 weeks can i restore my backups please do guide me the best practice)
3. I have file servers,Domain controllers, database servers, Exchange servers to be backed up( Windows Environment)
In Backup options under snapshot configuration which is the option i am suppose to choose.
Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Server--Snapshot provider-
1. Automatic-- Allow VSS to select the snapshot provider.
2. system -- Use Microsoft Software Shadow Copy provider.
3. Hardware--Use Technology provided by Hardware Manufacturer
4. Is it possible to create templates like in BackupExec 2010.