Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Database Access Error SEE 8.0.1

Posted Sep 29, 2011 03:55 PM

Upgraded my management server from GE 9.5.3 to SEE 8.0.1 a couple months ago. I use to be able to run custom reports and specify what client versions are installed out in the feild. When I access the management server and now create a new custom report with SEE 8.0.1 I get the following errror:

The Symantec Endpoint Encryption Manager console was unable to ger the required records  from the database. Invalid column name 'ClientVersionQuery'.

Invalid column name 'VisibleInQuery'.

Invalid column 'VisibleVersionID".

If I click OK the same message appears 3 more times and then the query editor opens. The problem is that the Client version fields are basically blank and I can't set anything regarding the version specifics. What's odd is the normal computer status reports and others still report the versions on them

Anyone know what caused this since upgrading? I checked the SQL table and the tables in this error do not exist. Should they? Also is there a way to tell what reporting server a specific client is reporting to?

Please help.. thank you.

• 2.  RE: Database Access Error SEE 8.0.1
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 11, 2011 09:05 AM

Hi,

Please follow the below process and let me know if that is working or not.

Go to the SQL Server,

1. Open the SQL => Database => SEEMSDb =>Tables => dbo.FrameworkVersions \dbo.HDVersions \ dbo. RSVersions

2. Expend columns => right click on ID (int, not, null) => select modify

3. Check the columns whether these entries are there or not, If not the make the enties

Column Name  | data Type |  All Nulls
    ClientVersionQuery |  nvarchar(32)   |
    VisibleInQuery          |  bit                  |
    VisibleVersionId      |  int                   |

And save it.

Close all the windows now go to the manager and try to create custom reports.

• 3.  RE: Database Access Error SEE 8.0.1

Posted Nov 14, 2011 12:23 PM

This did the trick... Thank you very much!