Database Migrate from 2005 to 2012
Hi Team ,
As per the below link from chethan suggestions, I have migrated SQL database from 2005 to 2012.
After following the steps provided by chethan, we have few issues. Below is procedure which I have done.
1. Backup the SEPM server certificates and properties.
2. Backup the SQL database by using SQL Backup.
3. Uninstall SQL 2005 and SEPM. 12.1 RU1 MP1
4. Installed the SQL 2012 and restore the SQL backup and installed the SEPM 12.1 RU2 and 12.1 RU2 MP1 and configure SQL database as existing Database ,at end of the configuration getting message like that the server exist do you want to overwrite click yes and I click yes.
5. After installation, when I login to SEPM console we are getting unexpected Error, and we lost all client groups which we have created in SEPM. (Groups for desktops and servers). I restored server certificates.
6. After some time clients are reporting to Default Group.
7. For unexpected error I checked all the settings as per the below article. All settings correctly configured like OBDC, local admin rights for Domain account which using for SQL database.
1. Backup the SQL database (Full) by using the SQL backup.
2. Uninstalled the SQL 2005
3. Installed the SQL 2012 STD. Restore the SQL back from backup
4. Reconfigured the SEPM. Clients are reporting to SEPM with correct Groups. But still here also I am getting Unexpected error while login to SEPM.
5. When I tried to login through Web console also same issue.
6. When I upgrade the SEPM 12.1 RU2 and RU2 MP1 in existing environment, with SQL 2005 SP4 and SEP 12.1 RU1 MP1, I have no issues while logging to SEPM , we have only issues when we migrated to SQL 2012
I have below question can someone help me on this?
- Why Clients groups are deleted even if we are using Existing Database, as per Chetan recommended procedure? And why we need to restore server certificates as we are using the same Hostname and Same database.