Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Date Format - Ghost 11.5

Posted Dec 09, 2009 11:01 AM
    Hi

Product: Symantec Ghost Solution Suite 2.5
    Ghost 11.5

Please can you let me know if it is possible to change the date format of ghost console? The console was originally installed a server with US regional settings (mm-dd-yyyy), but is now located in the UK (dd-mm-yyyy), with UK regional settings.

If not, if I were to back up the database and reinstall the console on a UK server, would the database and tasks be based on a UK date format, or is the date format saved in a database, which would leave them on US format?

Many thanks

Andy

• 2.  RE: Date Format - Ghost 11.5

Posted Dec 09, 2009 04:19 PM
    However, in general the Ghost console UI works with dates stored in database format and so when you change your format preferences in the Windows Control Panel those should change to match. In fact, if you change your date format preference the Console display should update immediately to show the new preferred format just fine.

There are a couple of corner cases in the Ghost Console user interface, such as WMI inventory data captured from clients, where dates may have been rendered as strings and thus are fixed in format, but all the other dates are in a universal format behind the scenes.

• 3.  RE: Date Format - Ghost 11.5

Posted Dec 10, 2009 04:11 AM
    Thanks Nigel
    Hmmm. Now Im not sure what is the problem.

We have a bespoke web/sql front end attatched to ghost that allows admins to schedule pre defined ghost tasks for execution, and its not working. I suspected the date change, but now Im not so sure.