Video Screencast Help

Date Picker Component Not Working after Publishing

Created: 17 Sep 2013 • Updated: 23 Sep 2013 | 8 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I'm having issues with the date picker drop down after publishing my web form. I get a red x where the drop down normally is. I'm also receiving "Can't init script for WebDateChooser". It seems like a permissions issue or maybe an image isn't getting copied to the publishing directory. I created a separate app pool with a service account that has local admin rights. Any ideas?

 

I'm using Workflow 7.5

Operating Systems:

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

TGiles's picture

Are you using Internet Explorer 10 to try and access the published project? Currently IE 10 isn't supported as several of the web form components have issues with it.

Forcing compatiblity mode may resolve the issue if this is the case.

b3tts32's picture

I'm using IE8 but I get the same thing in chrome. However, everything works fine in Debug.

PeeGee's picture

In those cases I am usually trying different things:

- Delete the virtual directory in IIS and publish again, just to make sure that there is no "conflicts" or other files "hanging around" which prevent a correct deployment to IIS

- Check Application Pool Settings and ensure that it's running in "Classic" mode

 

For the date picker specifically, you can try the following:

- In the component hit the "delete" button for the Drop Down Image in the "Appearance" tab. The image is optional and not needed. If there is no image, then the OS default drop-down arrow is displayed

- Check the language settings of your browser; the calendar wants to display in the language of your browser top language

 

Also: Have you tried to create another (new) project with the date picker component? Can this be published successfully to the IIS?

b3tts32's picture

I tried each of the options and I still didn't have any luck.

 

I installed Fiddler and had it log the session and it returned a bunch of 403 forbidden errors when tryingn to access /SymWebInclude/Formbuilder and other pages.

reecardo's picture

Check the access privileges of the SymWebInclude folder in IIS. This VD contains all the script necessary to run the components

TGiles's picture

You will also want to check and make sure that SymWebInclude is using the same Application Pool as Process Manager. If it is not you will have issues.

SOLUTION
b3tts32's picture

Thanks everyone for your help! I was pulling my hair out trying to figure this one out. The SymWebInclude page was using an app pool (ProcessManagerPool) that wasn't actually available in my list of application pools. I don't have the process manager installed so that was part of the issue, it must've have been hard coded to use that app pool.

Mistral's picture

There is obviously an issue in CMS 7.5.

After a clean (Default) install, SymWebInclude and SymWorkflowPages are both using the "ProcessMangagerPool", but the pool is not created by the installation (as the processmanager is not installed, which is ok).

 

AppPool.JPG