DB2 Backups Failing
I'm attempting to do DB2 backups and they are failing with the following errors:
- "E0000430 - The Database script returned an error. Refer to the Database script output section in job logs for more details."
For each of the DB2 selections I get the following DB2 output when I click on the selections that failed (I can attach a screenshot if this isn't clear):
- Note: Resource: "resource name" is not snappable. Attempting to back up directly from the source volume.
- DB2 Output: Files\Symantec\Backup was unexpected at this time.
- Devices acquired: 1
- Data streams used: 0
I configured the following things:
- I have configured the appropriate access information via the Resource Credentials on the BE Server
- On the BE server the DB2 server does show up with the appropriate DB2 selections
- On the DB2 server I have installed the remote agent and configured the DB2 credentials via the DB2 tab on the remote.
- Instance name I just left as DB2
- User Name and PW is the DB2 credentials
- Media Server is the IP of the Media Server
- Job Template, I have put as the name of the job in BE
- Archive Log Template I left as Default
- In the Database Access Tab I have Enable media server authentication for Oracle and DB2 operations and I utilized the DB2 login credentials once again
- I also have Use the full computer name or IP address of Oracle and DB2 operations and I entered in the IP address of the DB2 server.
- On the Media Server I have attempted both online and offline backups of DB2 with and without the quiesce option selected
Everything else that does not require DB2 successfully completes to the server.
Current setup is as follows:
- BE 12.5 with latest SPs
- Windows 2003 R2 x64
- DB2 Agent is installed
- Windows 2003 Standard Edition SP2 32-bit
- Remote Agent installed
I would appreciate any help that enables me to properly configure this thing and get'er going. Thanks