Endpoint Encryption

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Delay before Logon screen after installing Symantec Encryption 8.2.1

• 1.  Delay before Logon screen after installing Symantec Encryption 8.2.1

Posted Mar 09, 2015 05:41 PM

Hello,

I recently upgraded my endpoint ecryption from 7.0.5 to 8.2.1. I was having an issue with 7.0.5 where after I reboot or boot the computer and get to the Ctrl-Alt-Delete prompt to logon, it takes 30-35 seconds for the logon screen to appear. After I upgrade endpoint encryption to 8.2.1, I am still having the same issue. When I do not have the encryption software install, the logon screen appears within second but with the encryption software their is a delay. I know that the encryption software will usually cause some slowness but to that extent. Because after I login the computer starts moving pretty fast.

Now I do have an HP 820 Intel Core i5 43000 CPU with 4 GB of RAM and it is a 64 bit OS. If anyone can help me or give me some advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: Delay before Logon screen after installing Symantec Encryption 8.2.1

Posted Mar 10, 2015 12:54 PM

Some sort of delay is expected during initial startup, though the length of the delay will differ depending on the system.  I'd suggest reviewing the below article:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH92724