Symantec Management Platform (Notification Server)

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Deleted MS Certificates still show as expired licences in SIM (SMP 7.0 SP4 HF1 - 7.0.7436)

• 1.  Deleted MS Certificates still show as expired licences in SIM (SMP 7.0 SP4 HF1 - 7.0.7436)

Posted Jul 08, 2010 05:30 AM

Dear All,

I am trying to fix an issue with our SMP 7.0 server licences. The problem is that I can still see old, expired licences in the SIM after I deleted the certificates in the Microsoft Certificates MMC Plugin (which was the way that we did it for NS6.0). i know that there is now a Removal Tool within SMP 7.0, but I cannot see the licences in that that I removed from the Microsoft Certificates MMC Plugin in the Removal Tool.

Bizzarrely, I can still see the licences displayed in the SIM Licence Manager. Where can I remove even these licences from the SIM?Phantom Licenses

• 2.  RE: Deleted MS Certificates still show as expired licences in SIM (SMP 7.0 SP4 HF1 - 7.0.7436)

Posted Jul 08, 2010 05:52 AM
    I have found the Database Tables:

LicenseInUse
    LicenseStatus

and these seem to hold some of the data, but if I vape that data, with that go from SIM? I didn't think that SIM had a connection to the database!?

Thanks in advance,

QuietLeni

• 3.  RE: Deleted MS Certificates still show as expired licences in SIM (SMP 7.0 SP4 HF1 - 7.0.7436)

Posted Jul 08, 2010 06:07 AM
    Tried Vaping those and nothing changed... Still the same Licenses and no certificates!

Can anyone help?

QuietLeni

• 4.  RE: Deleted MS Certificates still show as expired licences in SIM (SMP 7.0 SP4 HF1 - 7.0.7436)

Posted Jul 08, 2010 10:35 AM

Generally these are referenced in a temporary location in the SIM install directory itself. If you apply full licenses, you should be asked to overwrite the expired trial licenses.

• 5.  RE: Deleted MS Certificates still show as expired licences in SIM (SMP 7.0 SP4 HF1 - 7.0.7436)

Posted Jul 08, 2010 12:33 PM
    Jim,

Yeah, I found them there and removed them, but I stil find the same.

I had a look through the filesystem and the Registry, but I guess that this is not something that someone like me is supposed to try and fix...!

Yes, I have applied a load of licences to fix this, but I have one that I do not have an update for - for Symantec ServiceDesk Core (I do have the Technician one). I was thinking that this expired license was responsible for me not being able to Create/Use Integration Projects and various issues with Service Desk Solution I am getting. I was right - it is, because the licence has run out, NOT because it was a duplicate expired license, as I thought that it was. I found that out by examining the Microsoft Certificate details and this is the bad licence out of the bunch!

Am I right in my assumptions?

Kindest regards,

QuietLeni

• 6.  RE: Deleted MS Certificates still show as expired licences in SIM (SMP 7.0 SP4 HF1 - 7.0.7436)

Posted Jul 08, 2010 01:27 PM
    ...because I have the Core License and it is valid for 3 months.

Sadly, though, I still can't get to Create/Use Integration Projects.

Oh well...

Regards,

QuietLeni

• 7.  RE: Deleted MS Certificates still show as expired licences in SIM (SMP 7.0 SP4 HF1 - 7.0.7436)

Posted Jul 08, 2010 03:09 PM

Are you trying workflow or servicedesk? I agree with your earlier summation about needing both licenses, but I'm unsure of what the issue is now.

• 8.  RE: Deleted MS Certificates still show as expired licences in SIM (SMP 7.0 SP4 HF1 - 7.0.7436)

Posted Jul 09, 2010 06:31 AM
    Jim,

I am working upon WorkFlow AND ServiceDesk. I am writing workflows within WorkFlow and the end product is a workflow that will be used within ServiceDesk.

Which brings me onto the questions:

How do the licences work in WorkFlow and ServiceDesk?
    What do I need?
    What WorkFlow licences are required for development?
    Are Core and Technical all that are needed or is there a Developer one as well?

Regards,

QuietLeni

• 9.  RE: Deleted MS Certificates still show as expired licences in SIM (SMP 7.0 SP4 HF1 - 7.0.7436)

Posted Jul 12, 2010 08:28 AM

Service Desk comes with two licenses - The core and technical. This allows you to create (via Workflow Designer) and publish workflows to Service Desk. You shouldn't need a full workflow license (although one does exist) to publish to SD.

• 10.  RE: Deleted MS Certificates still show as expired licences in SIM (SMP 7.0 SP4 HF1 - 7.0.7436)

Posted Jul 22, 2010 07:30 AM
    ...I don't know HOW to fix it!

I have been doing some investigating (after being on holiday) and I have found that there is a Licence Manager upon both the SMP7 server and the WorkFlow/ServiceDesk server and below is the result of running the Licence Manager on the SMP7 server.

However, this is where the WorkFlow Solution is installed, but I have not installed the WorkFlow Server (on the SMP7 server).

When I look at the ServiceDesk/WorkFlow Server and run the Licence Manager upon that I get:

I know that my Licences for Workflow and for ServiceDesk allow me to have 1 WorkFlow and 1 ServiceDesk Server (which I think are the same box). However, when I look into Manage Workflow servers, I see:

Which, to me, sounds like I have too many WorkFlow Servers. It seems that SMP7 has 3 servers, but I have only installed upon 1 server!

How do I fix this?

Kindest regards,

QuietLeni