Video Screencast Help

DELL 390 desktop image not capturing and not able to deploy

Created: 31 Oct 2012 | 21 comments

Hi

We facing too much issue while capturing and deploying DELL 390 model desktop.

Capturing issue : -

When we using trying to capture image using winpe after giving imaging task first task i.e prepare for capture image (using sysprep) is running successfully but after that suddenly Network card /Ethernet card goes disable.

Deploy issue :- 

When we trying to deploy image using deploy anywhere which we currently have other HP model image if we trying deploy that on DELL 390 using winpe it giving error restarting DHCP client retry 1

I know very well this error is for missing NIC card drivers and I added this proper drivers in preboot then also it giving same restarting DHCP client error

Comments 21 CommentsJump to latest comment

md investigate's picture

Hi,

capture issue: i.e. the sysprep works successful but then it should reboot to automation and this is not working becaue nic is disabled?

deploy issue: do you recreated the preboot image after adding the drivers?

which version do you use? which os do you want to deploy?

regards

CBZ9104's picture

Hi md investigate

Yes gets disabled after successfully running sysprep when we check in device manager it was not shown there after when we refresh device manager then it came and installed again.

After adding drivers i am have not recreated preboot and tryied

We trying to capture winxp image and using DS 7.1

md investigate's picture

Hi,

in the prepare for image capture task you selected the "boot to preboot environement" option? What is the task status on the client? The intention of the sysprep process is to "delete" all devices so the next time the clients get up the "mini-setup" reinstall the necessary ones. So it is necessary that the client does the reboot to automation task and then can be captured in pe.

When you inject new drivers for preboot environement you have to recreate the preboot image. This can be done in in the preboot environment settings. Have a look for this kb: http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO10872

Did you injected the deploy.cab for windows xp in the console? It's necessary for sysprep of xp.

Regards

CBZ9104's picture

Hi md investigate

DELL 390 requires Realteck PCIe ethernet controller drivers when we install manually after loading the operating system.

same drivers of windows vista we added in preboot from driver database management but still giving same restarting DHCP client error.

I dont understand now which drivers required 

md investigate's picture

Hi,
Okay, so Realtek is okay. I was Not Sure what is build in. So you inserted and recreated preboot Image?

Regards

CBZ9104's picture

Yes

what is built in means?

I done all also created new winpe as well but still same error msg

its too urgent

md investigate's picture

Hi,
I meant i didn't Know what Kind of nic is in a Dell 390.

The Error means wrong driver. Do you injected The Inf, Cat, sys Files of The driver?

Regards

md investigate's picture

Hi,

I had a look on homepage of dell and for the 390 is only a broadcom driver available: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/precision-390?driverId=TPGN8&osCode=WLH&fileId=2731100709

I'm a bit confused because you mentioned realtek driver?

Regards

md investigate's picture

Okay, no problem. Back to my last question: Do you injected The Inf, Cat, sys Files of The driver?

Maybe you can describe the process you worked as detailled as possible!? Which driver you downloaded and where you get it? Which files do you inserted in WinPE and how (I guess settings --> deployment --> driver database --> winpe)?

Regards

CBZ9104's picture

Hi md investigate

I injected necessary Inf, Cat, sys files of the driver.

I am getting nic drivers from DELL site

And inserted in WinPE through Settings -- All setting -- Deployment and migration -- Driver database management -- Preboot

md investigate's picture

Hi,

maybe I'm looking for wrong model but not able to find on dell.com. Please provide link for ensuring correct driver.

Do you had a look in the winpe database for an existing realtek driver? It's possible that there is a driver conflicting.

Regards

CBZ9104's picture

Hi

Below is the link

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/in/en/inbsd1/ServiceTag/3ZQBTS1

In winpe databse it showing drivers are present i dont know now to check if drivers are getting conflicting

md investigate's picture

Hi,

thank you for the information. I downloaded and had a look. In an environment here there is a realtek driver already included in the database of preboot env. So maybe there is a conflict.

Can you provide the exact hw-id of the nic, search it in the preboot database, delete it and ensure that only the current realtek driver is in there.

In the database should be the version 6.249.0621.2011 and in the database already 6.231 is included. Remove the 6.231 one and recreate preboot environment.

Regards

CBZ9104's picture

Hi

I know the restarting DHCP is the drivers missing error

but I strongly belive that my WinPe currupting several time it is working for 1 day again next day it is currupting.

Under WinPE folder dummy.0 folder created and it is stopped from working. How I fix this issue?

md investigate's picture

Hi,

if the PE image gets corrupted it won't be able to boot. As far as I understand you are able to boot but the driver is missing?

Regards

CBZ9104's picture

Hi

Yes I am facing the driver is missing

Thats why my observation is the boot WinPE which I am creating is currupting several times and it creates dummy.0 file and after that the client machine not getting PXE.

md investigate's picture

Hi,

did this ever worked in your environment? Maybe before you added the drivers to the database?

Regards

CBZ9104's picture

Hi

Previously our DS was working fantastic on local as well as site location as well.

Deploying image is happening very smoothly on local and Location site.

md investigate's picture

Hi,

same question as on other thread: did the corruption started with adding the new drivers?

Regards

CBZ9104's picture

Hi

No curruption not started with addding the new drivers.

It was the old problem