Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Dell Optiplex 980 Failing To Create New Image in Solution Suite 2.5

• 1.  Dell Optiplex 980 Failing To Create New Image in Solution Suite 2.5

Posted Aug 11, 2010 10:28 AM

Hello,

I'm having issues creating a new image from a Dell Optiplex 980 using Solution Suite 2.5 (11.5.1.2266). I have an image that I have been adding applications to and want to periodically update the currently stored image. But I am now getting a failure in the Clone step of the task that had previously worked before.

The task succeeds on Updating PreOS Files and To Virtual Parition, but fails on the Clone step. The log says the ghosterr.txt was successfully retrieved but the file is empty when I go to view it. Visually, Ghost boots the machine and gets to the point where the screen that shows the progress comes up, but then immediately disappears and the task fails.

The image is quite large - around 100GB (it's for a multimedia lab) but I can't find anything that says that would be a problem. In case it matters, the system being cloned is running Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise and the server running the Ghost software is Windows Server 2008 Enterprise.

I've been using the Ghost server to create/send other base OS images to and from other Dell Optiplex 980s without any issues. I updated the WinPE-512 file to have the latest Intel driver so I don't think that's the issue either.

Really at a loss and could use some help on what to do next.

Shawn

• 2.  RE: Dell Optiplex 980 Failing To Create New Image in Solution Suite 2.5

Posted Aug 11, 2010 10:31 AM

Forgot to add that the first time this failed, I ran across a post saying that installing/reinstalling the client helped. So I tried that and it worked for the very next image. But then I got the error again. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling again (twice) but failed both times.

Shawn