Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Dell Precision T3600, GSS WinPE not recognising either hard drives or usb

Migration User

Migration UserApr 30, 2013 01:53 PM

• 1.  Dell Precision T3600, GSS WinPE not recognising either hard drives or usb

Posted Feb 27, 2013 02:06 PM

I was able to build my ghost boot CD by adding drivers found on the Intel website:

Intel® RSTe AHCI & SCU Software RAID driver for Windows

I was looking for C600 driver for Vista 32 bits.

It works fine, I can see the SAS drives but my usb is not recognized anymore.

I added the subfolder Drivers\x86\SCU of the intel package through the Ghost BootCD Wizard in the Vista x86 WinPE 512 image.

The Intel support page is saying version 3.5.1.1009 is the latest.

By checking the Windows properties, I noticed that the USB were also handled by the C600 chipset.

I'm feeling I might be missing some files in the SCU folder to have the USB supported.

• 2.  RE: Dell Precision T3600, GSS WinPE not recognising either hard drives or usb

Posted Feb 27, 2013 04:44 PM

Hello,

Try the following:

1. Creata a new WinPE template using your Ghost Boot Wizard.

2. Add the drivers from the following link to it :

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/downloads/latest-vista-version-drivers-use-gss

3. Proceed and create a boot CD with this template.

See whetherr this helps you.

Note: In regards to USB, I assume that you are using USB 2.0 and not USB 3.0.

Regards,

Dilip Sebastian

***Please mark the same as solution if this helps to fix your issue.**

• 3.  RE: Dell Precision T3600, GSS WinPE not recognising either hard drives or usb

Posted Feb 28, 2013 11:43 AM

Hello Dilip,

thank you very much for your fast answer.

I'm not really sure what you mean by adding these Vista NIC drivers.

I dont have any problem with my network card (actually, yes, I had also to add Intel Pro specific driver to have the T3600 NIC recognized).

I'm gonna try it anyway because I'm a little stuck now but I dont understand your suggestion.

About the USB version, I will be good enought with the USB 2.0.

I know I might require extra drivers for USB 3.0 and it's not my concern at this time.

My goal presently is to have both SAS internal drive and USB external drive recognized by my Ghost Boot CD.

thank you,

G

• 4.  RE: Dell Precision T3600, GSS WinPE not recognising either hard drives or usb

Posted Feb 28, 2013 12:43 PM

The version of WinPE that comes with Ghost is version 2.0 which uses the Vista 32 bit kernel. Therefore, you need to use drivers that are intended for the Vista 32 bit operating system, since that is what you are effectively booting when you boot WinPE. The version of operating system you are imaging is irrelevant at this point as it's just a collection of sectors on a hard disk.

You can load candidate drivers dynamically from the WinPE command line, so it is possible to start with a basic WinPE boot image and test drivers from the command prompt. The following article described this further:  https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/do-i-have-correct-driver-winpe

In respect of the USB-2 / USB-3 question, if you happen to be using a USB-3 port, then chances are you can boot from it, as the bios will provide basic boot capability, but once you have loaded drivers, there may be an issue with a device that is already mounted, as the bios will not longer be in charge of the USB device. Alternatively, you may be correct in assuming that there are some driver files missing for USB support via that specific chipset. I have yet to see a machine that has entirely USB-3 ports, so if there are a mixture of USB-2 and USB-3 ports on your hardware, stick with a USB-2 port.

• 5.  RE: Dell Precision T3600, GSS WinPE not recognising either hard drives or usb

Posted Feb 28, 2013 01:31 PM

I understood that I need Vista 32bit drivers as I mention in my first post.

I'm willing to use the DRVLOAD mentionned in other posts but the thing is I dont really know which drivers I should use to get a regular USB2 port working.

Moreover, when I dont put the C600 driver (standard Ghost Boot CD), the USB is recognized correctly.

As I mentionned in my previous post, USB3 is not my concern. On the front panel of the T3600, there is two USB2 ports and one USB3 port. I'm only using the USB2 port for now.

thanks anyway for your recommandations.

G

• 6.  RE: Dell Precision T3600, GSS WinPE not recognising either hard drives or usb

Posted Feb 28, 2013 06:04 PM

Hi,

While adding drivers to the boot disk, I prefer sticking to vendor websites rather than OEM websites. If you keep on adding drivers for all your models to your boot disk, it would end up in making your WinPE bigger and unstable and chance of crashing increases. Let it be Intel/Broadcom/Realtek, all these vendors release drivers to address a family of products. In simple words, if you want your boot disk to work with almost all of your machines, the best option is to include the latest drivers available in the vendor websites. This means, for Network driverss, you will have one from Intel  , 1 from broadcom (actually few more from broadcom as you have classifications like Netxtreme, Netxtreme II, Netlink, etc) , I from Realtek, etc. Similary, for Storage drivers, the latest one from Intel should be fine as thats the most common one. 

In regards to Ghost Solution Suite, since you have WinPE2.0 included, always fetch the latest available vista 32-bit version of driver for your boot disk.

Hope this clears your doubt... :)

Regards,

Dilip Sebastian

• 7.  RE: Dell Precision T3600, GSS WinPE not recognising either hard drives or usb

Posted Mar 01, 2013 04:31 AM

Make sure you have the latest C600 driver, and also check through the bios settings to make sure that any USB configuration options are set correctly.  Also any settings associated with the hardware that the C600 driver works with, as the usual reason for a driver install to stop something working is if there is a hardware conflict such as interrupt settings. (However, this should normally be handled by plug and play).

USB-2 should not require any specific drivers as it has native support in the operating system. It's only if there is something odd about your chipset that specific drivers might be required.

• 8.  RE: Dell Precision T3600, GSS WinPE not recognising either hard drives or usb

Posted Apr 29, 2013 12:32 PM

I can confirm the same problem using a Dell T3600. Before I added the C600 storage driver to my WinPE image, I was able to boot from a USB stick see the USB stick plugged into a USB 2.0 port. Of course, I wasn't able to see my main hard drive, which plugs into the C600.

After I added the C600 storage drivers, I was still able to boot from the USB stick. However, once WinPE booted, the US stick was no longer visible - but the main hard drive was.

I used devmanview, a third-party utility, to examine the loaded devices. It showed the USB stick as disabled, but when I enabled it, it disabled itself again.

There has been some talk here about the USB 2.0/3.0 distinction. Based on this link (http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/chipsets/server-chipsets/server-chipset-c600.html), I don't think the Intel C600 actually provides USB 3.0. Instead, it looks to me like the USB 3.0 ports on this PC are provided by a separate NEC chip. If I plug the USB chip into a USB 3.0 port, it doesn't appear to power up at all. But that's not a serious problem for this purpose.

Is it possible that, in the absence of a specific driver for the C600 chipset, the standard Windows drivers can access the C600 enough to provide USB 2.0 functionality - but that when we load the SATA/SAS driver, those get disabled, and then we need a specific additional driver for the C600? I'm very hazy on how chipset drivers work / interact.

Finally (and apologies for loading up this thread), have you (ksign, or anyone else with this problem) also had a problem using ghost32.exe to access the hard drive attached to the C600? I am getting the warning, "Ghost has detected an inconsistency between the volumes detected on disk and the OS volumes. On Vista this could lead to write failures. Rebooting should fix this problem. Do you wish to continue?" I believe this has something to do with the fact that it's a 3 TB hard drive, with a GPT table. But I have another Dell T3600 which also has a 3 TB hard drive, connected to a RAID card instead of the C600. That computer doesn't have this problem, so I think the C600 has to be involved somehow.

• 9.  RE: Dell Precision T3600, GSS WinPE not recognising either hard drives or usb

Posted Apr 30, 2013 03:34 AM

What files are included in the C600 driver?  I am unfamiliar with this chipset but I do know that some OEM drivers are actually comprised of several drivers packaged together.

If the C600 driver set consists of more than one INF file, then it would be worth checking to see what device each INF actually installs drivers for.  It may be that one of the following approaches may work:

1. Identify the specific INF that provides the hard disk support, check which files it loads (listed in the INF) and just use that set of files to load the driver. Then see if the USB ports now work.  This assumes that the USB services provided by the C600 chip are totally independent of the hard drive services and have a separate driver.

2. If  1. does not work, and there are multiple INF files, check whether one of them supports the USB ports and try loading that as well as the hard disk INF.

The following utility, if executed on a working O/S build, will list all the plug and play devices detected and store them in a text file:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/readyutility-assist-identifying-plug-and-play-drivers

This will give you a heads up on what devices your USB ports are, and their device ID. This ID should be in the INF file of the correct driver set for your ports.

This article:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/do-i-have-correct-driver-winpe

will show you how you can dynamically load drivers from the WinPE command line. They need to be stored somewhere you can "see" from the WinPE command prompt, so maybe will need to be placed on a CD if you cannot use the USB ports, or maybe on the local hard disk.

This article:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH110134

summarises the process of adding device drivers to your WinPE image, just in case you are unclear on any of the steps. As stated earlier, if there are drivers in the default WinPE that you don't use, don't select them as there is no point in cluttering up your boot image with old and possibly conflicting driver files.

• 10.  RE: Dell Precision T3600, GSS WinPE not recognising either hard drives or usb

Posted Apr 30, 2013 10:21 AM

here is the content of the iaStorS.inf I added from the previously mentioned drivers from Intel:

; Copyright (c) 2009-2012 Intel Corporation
    ; **********************************************************************************************
    ; **********************************************************************************************
    ; **    Filename:  iaStorS.inf
    ; **    Revision:  10/18/2012,3.6.0.1086
    ; **    Abstract:  Windows* INF File for SCU Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Enterprise Driver
    ; **               Installs: RSTe SCU RAID Controller Miniport + RST Filter Driver
    ;
    [Version]
    Signature = "$Windows NT$"
    Class=SCSIAdapter
    ClassGUID={4D36E97B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    Provider=%INTEL%
    CatalogFile=iaStorS.cat
    DriverVer=10/18/2012,3.6.0.1086
    ;
    [PackageInfo]
    Name=SCU
    ;
    [SourceDisksNames]
    1 = %DiskId1%,,,""
    ;
    [DestinationDirs]
    DefaultDestDir = 12
    ;
    [ControlFlags]
    ExcludeFromSelect = *
    ;
    [Manufacturer]
    %INTEL% = INTEL, NTx86.5.2, NTamd64
    ;
    [Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Service_Inst]
    ServiceType    = %SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER%
    StartType      = %SERVICE_BOOT_START%
    ErrorControl   = %SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL%
    ServiceBinary  = %12%\iaStorS.sys
    LoadOrderGroup = SCSI Miniport
    AddReg         = pnpsafe_pci_addreg
    AddReg         = UserParameters
    ;AddReg         = msienable_addreg
    ;
    [Intel_SCU_EventLog_Inst]
    AddReg = Intel_SCU_EventLog_Inst.AddReg
    ;
    [Intel_SCU_EventLog_Inst.AddReg]
    HKR,,EventMessageFile,%REG_TYPE_EXPAND_SZ%,"%%SystemRoot%%\System32\IoLogMsg.dll;%%SystemRoot%%\System32\drivers\iaStorS.sys"
    HKR,,TypesSupported,%REG_TYPE_DWORD%,7
    ;
    [iaStorF_Service_Inst]
    ServiceType    = %SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER%
    StartType      = %SERVICE_BOOT_START%
    ErrorControl   = %SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL%
    ServiceBinary  = %12%\iaStorF.sys
    ;
    [iaStorF_EventLog_Inst]
    AddReg = iaStorF_EventLog_AddReg
    ;
    [iaStorF_EventLog_AddReg]
    HKR,,EventMessageFile,%REG_TYPE_EXPAND_SZ%,"%%SystemRoot%%\System32\IoLogMsg.dll"
    HKR,,TypesSupported,%REG_TYPE_DWORD%,7
    ;
    ;******************************************************************************
    ;*
    ;* 32-BIT X86 ARCHITECTURE
    ;*
    ;* This section specifies the 32-bit architecture specific INF file entries
    ;* required to install a driver as a 32-bit compatible driver.
    ;*
    [SourceDisksFiles.x86]
    iaStorS.sys = 1,,,
    iaStorF.sys = 1,,,
    ;
    [INTEL.NTx86.5.2]
    ;;; SCU 0 Device IDs
    %Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D60
    %Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D61
    %Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D64
    %Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D65
    %Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D68
    %Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D69
    %Intel_SATA_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D6A
    %Intel_SATA_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D6B
    ;
    [Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst.NTx86]
    CopyFiles = @iaStorS.sys
    CopyFiles=@iaStorF.sys
    ;
    [Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst.NTx86.HW]
    AddReg = iaStorF_addreg
    AddReg = msienable_addreg
    AddReg = storport_addreg
    Include = machine.inf
    Needs = PciIoSpaceNotRequired
    ;
    [Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst.NTx86.Services]
    AddService = iaStorS,%SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE%,Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Service_Inst, Intel_SCU_EventLog_Inst
    AddService = iaStorF, , iaStorF_Service_Inst, iaStorF_EventLog_Inst
    ;
    ;*
    ;* 64-BIT X86 ARCHITECTURE
    ;*
    ;* This section specifies the 64-bit architecture specific INF file entries
    ;* required to install a driver as a 64-bit compatible driver.
    ;*
    [SourceDisksFiles.amd64]
    iaStorS.sys = 1,,,
    iaStorF.sys = 1,,,
    ;
    [INTEL.NTamd64]
    ;
    ;;; SCU Device IDs
    %Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D60
    %Intel_SATA_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D61
    %Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D62
    %Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D63
    %Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D64
    %Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D65
    %Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D66
    %Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D67
    %Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D68
    %Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D69
    %Intel_SATA_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D6A
    %Intel_SATA_RAID.Desc% = Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D6B
    ;
    [Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst.ntamd64]
    CopyFiles = @iaStorS.sys
    CopyFiles=@iaStorF.sys
    ;
    [Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst.ntamd64.HW]
    AddReg = iaStorF_addreg
    AddReg = msienable_addreg
    AddReg = storport_addreg
    Include = machine.inf
    Needs = PciIoSpaceNotRequired
    ;
    [Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Inst.ntamd64.Services]
    AddService = iaStorS,%SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE%,Intel_SCU_iaStorS_Service_Inst, Intel_SCU_EventLog_Inst
    AddService = iaStorF, , iaStorF_Service_Inst, iaStorF_EventLog_Inst
    ;
    ;*
    ;* RST FILTER Driver REGISTRY CHANGES
    ;*
    ;* This section specifies the registry entries necessary to add the lower disk
    ;* class RST Filter driver.  Layer the RST Filter driver under all Disk class
    ;* GUID devices as a lower disk class filter..
    ;*
    [iaStorF_addreg]
    HKLM, System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}, LowerFilters, 0x00010008, iaStorF
    ;
    ;*
    ;* PLUG-N-PLAY REGISTRY CHANGES
    ;*
    ;* This section specifies the registry entries necessary to indicate support
    ;* for Plug-n-Play.
    ;*
    [pnpsafe_pci_addreg]
    HKR, Parameters\PnpInterface,  5,                           %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,  0x00000001
    ;
    ; BusType 0xA == BusTypeSas (winioctl.h)
    ; PCI subclass code indicates SAS (not RAID), so for WHQL, the BusType
    ;  needs to match
    HKR, Parameters,               BusType,                     %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,  0x0000000A
    HKR, Parameters\Device,        EnableQueryAccessAlignment,  %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,  0x00000001
    ;*
    ;* MSI/MSI-X REGISTRY CHANGES
    ;*
    ;* This section specifies the registry entries necessary in order to indicate
    ;* this driver supports MSI-X.
    ;*
    [msienable_addreg]
    ;;;  Indicate we support MSIx up to 2 message vectors
    ;HKR, Interrupt Management,                                    ,                   %REG_TYPE_KEY_ONLY%
    HKR, Interrupt Management, 0x00000010
    HKR, Interrupt Management\MessageSignaledInterruptProperties, 0x00000010
    HKR, Interrupt Management\MessageSignaledInterruptProperties, MSISupported,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,   1
    [storport_addreg]
    ;;; Force StorPort to keep all sense data in Pre-Win8 OSes (max value is 255)
    HKR, StorPort, TotalSenseDataBytes, %REG_TYPE_DWORD%, 0x000000FF
    ;*
    ;* USER PARAMETER REGISTRY CHANGES
    ;*
    ;* This section specifies the parameters that users can modify in the
    ;* registry that will change the operation of the driver after a power
    ;* cycle of the system or a reinstall of the driver.
    ;*
    [UserParameters]
    ;;; Build the Registry Directories
    HKR, Parameters, Device, %REG_TYPE_KEY_ONLY%
    ;
    ;;; Add the RAID features
    HKR, Parameters\Device, ReadPatrol,                               %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    HKR, Parameters\Device, RebuildOnHotInsert,                       %REG_TYPE_BINARY%,     0x00000000
    ;
    ;;; Add the Controller wide user parameters
    HKR, Parameters\Device, ControllerDeviceSpinUpDelayInterval,      %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000001F4
    HKR, Parameters\Device, ControllerInterruptCoalescenceNumber,     %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    HKR, Parameters\Device, ControllerInterruptCoalescenceTimer,      %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    HKR, Parameters\Device, ControllerSataNcqEnable,                  %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000001
    HKR, Parameters\Device, ControllerSataNcqDepthMaximum,            %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000020
    HKR, Parameters\Device, ControllerSataStandbyTimerEnable,         %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    HKR, Parameters\Device, ControllerSataNonZeroBufferOffsetEnable,  %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    HKR, Parameters\Device, ControllerInitialResetType,               %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000008
    HKR, Parameters\Device, ControllerClearAffiliationEnable,         %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    HKR, Parameters\Device, StpInactivityTimeout,                     %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000005
    HKR, Parameters\Device, SspInactivityTimeout,                     %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000005
    HKR, Parameters\Device, StpMaxOccupancyTimeout,                   %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000005
    HKR, Parameters\Device, SspMaxOccupancyTimeout,                   %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000014
    HKR, Parameters\Device, NoOutBoundTaskTimeout,                    %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000002
    HKR, Parameters\Device, IgnoreFUA,                                %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    HKR, Parameters\Device, PerformanceOptimizationsEnable,           %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    ;
    HKR, Parameters\Device, InterruptCoalescingSampleSize,      %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x0000000a
    HKR, Parameters\Device, InterruptCoalescingSampleFrequency, %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000064
    HKR, Parameters\Device, InterruptCoalescingThreshold,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00002800
    HKR, Parameters\Device, InterruptCoalescingLowNumber,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    HKR, Parameters\Device, InterruptCoalescingLowTimeout,      %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    HKR, Parameters\Device, InterruptCoalescingHighNumber,      %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000010
    HKR, Parameters\Device, InterruptCoalescingHighTimeout,     %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000002
    ;
    ;;; Add the Phy specific user parameters
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Phy0NotifyEnableSpinupInsertionFrequency, %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000033
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Phy0AlignInsertionFrequency,              %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x0000007f
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Phy0InConnectionAlignInsertionFrequency,  %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000000ff
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Phy1NotifyEnableSpinupInsertionFrequency, %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000033
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Phy1AlignInsertionFrequency,              %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x0000007f
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Phy1InConnectionAlignInsertionFrequency,  %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000000ff
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Phy2NotifyEnableSpinupInsertionFrequency, %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000033
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Phy2AlignInsertionFrequency,              %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x0000007f
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Phy2InConnectionAlignInsertionFrequency,  %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000000ff
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Phy3NotifyEnableSpinupInsertionFrequency, %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000033
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Phy3AlignInsertionFrequency,              %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x0000007f
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Phy3InConnectionAlignInsertionFrequency,  %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000000ff
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0Phy0MaxSpeedGeneration,        %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000002
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0Phy1MaxSpeedGeneration,        %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000002
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0Phy2MaxSpeedGeneration,        %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000002
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0Phy3MaxSpeedGeneration,        %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000002
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1Phy0MaxSpeedGeneration,        %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000002
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1Phy1MaxSpeedGeneration,        %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000002
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1Phy2MaxSpeedGeneration,        %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000002
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1Phy3MaxSpeedGeneration,        %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000002
    ;
    ;;; Add the Port specific OEM parameters
    HKR, Parameters\Device, OemHeaderVersion,                         %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000010
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemModeType,                   %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000001
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemConcurrentDeviceSpinUpCount,%REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000001
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemSscEnable,                  %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPort0PhyMask,               %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPort1PhyMask,               %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPort2PhyMask,               %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPort3PhyMask,               %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy0SasAddressLow,          %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000001
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy0SasAddressHigh,         %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x5FCFFFFF
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy1SasAddressLow,          %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000001
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy1SasAddressHigh,         %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x5FCFFFFF
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy2SasAddressLow,          %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000001
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy2SasAddressHigh,         %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x5FCFFFFF
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy3SasAddressLow,          %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000001
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy3SasAddressHigh,         %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x5FCFFFFF
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy0AfeTxAmpControl0,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000BDD08
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy0AfeTxAmpControl1,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000B7069
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy0AfeTxAmpControl2,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000B7C09
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy0AfeTxAmpControl3,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000AFC6E
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy1AfeTxAmpControl0,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000BDD08
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy1AfeTxAmpControl1,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000B7069
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy1AfeTxAmpControl2,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000B7C09
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy1AfeTxAmpControl3,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000AFC6E
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy2AfeTxAmpControl0,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000BDD08
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy2AfeTxAmpControl1,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000B7069
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy2AfeTxAmpControl2,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000B7C09
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy2AfeTxAmpControl3,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000AFC6E
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy3AfeTxAmpControl0,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000BDD08
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy3AfeTxAmpControl1,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000B7069
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy3AfeTxAmpControl2,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000B7C09
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller0OemPhy3AfeTxAmpControl3,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000AFC6E
    ;
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemModeType,                   %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000001
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemConcurrentDeviceSpinUpCount,%REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000001
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemSscEnable,                  %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPort0PhyMask,               %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPort1PhyMask,               %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPort2PhyMask,               %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPort3PhyMask,               %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy0SasAddressLow,          %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000004
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy0SasAddressHigh,         %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x5FCFFFFF
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy1SasAddressLow,          %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000004
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy1SasAddressHigh,         %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x5FCFFFFF
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy2SasAddressLow,          %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000004
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy2SasAddressHigh,         %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x5FCFFFFF
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy3SasAddressLow,          %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000004
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy3SasAddressHigh,         %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x5FCFFFFF
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy0AfeTxAmpControl0,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000BDD08
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy0AfeTxAmpControl1,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000B7069
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy0AfeTxAmpControl2,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000B7C09
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy0AfeTxAmpControl3,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000AFC6E
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy1AfeTxAmpControl0,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000BDD08
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy1AfeTxAmpControl1,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000B7069
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy1AfeTxAmpControl2,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000B7C09
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy1AfeTxAmpControl3,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000AFC6E
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy2AfeTxAmpControl0,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000BDD08
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy2AfeTxAmpControl1,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000B7069
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy2AfeTxAmpControl2,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000B7C09
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy2AfeTxAmpControl3,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000AFC6E
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy3AfeTxAmpControl0,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000BDD08
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy3AfeTxAmpControl1,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000B7069
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy3AfeTxAmpControl2,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000B7C09
    HKR, Parameters\Device, Controller1OemPhy3AfeTxAmpControl3,       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x000AFC6E
    HKR, Parameters\Device, BackplaneIsPassive,                       %REG_TYPE_DWORD%,      0x00000000
    ;*
    ;* INF FILE STRINGS (VARIABLES)
    ;*
    ;* This section specifies variables that can be reused elsewhere in this
    ;* INF file.
    ;*
    [Strings]
    ;;;  *******Localizable Strings*******
    diskId1                = "iaStorS Installation Disk"
    Intel_SAS_RAID.Desc    = "Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SAS RAID Controller"
    Intel_SATA_RAID.Desc   = "Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SAS RAID (SATA mode)"
    INTEL = "Intel Corporation"
    ;
    ;;;  *******Non Localizable Strings*******
    SERVICE_BOOT_START     = 0x0
    SERVICE_SYSTEM_START   = 0x1
    SERVICE_AUTO_START     = 0x2
    SERVICE_DEMAND_START   = 0x3
    SERVICE_DISABLED       = 0x4
    SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER  = 0x1
    ;
    SERVICE_ERROR_IGNORE   = 0x0
    SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL   = 0x1
    SERVICE_ERROR_SEVERE   = 0x2
    SERVICE_ERROR_CRITICAL = 0x3
    ;
    REG_TYPE_BINARY    = 0x00000001
    REG_TYPE_KEY_ONLY  = 0x00000010
    REG_TYPE_DWORD     = 0x00010001
    REG_TYPE_EXPAND_SZ = 0x00020000
    ;
    SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE = 0x00000002

• 11.  RE: Dell Precision T3600, GSS WinPE not recognising either hard drives or usb

Posted Apr 30, 2013 01:49 PM

I can't see any reference to USB in this INF file.

Do you have a working O/S build to run the PNP scanning tool on, that I mentioned earlier?

• 12.  RE: Dell Precision T3600, GSS WinPE not recognising either hard drives or usb

Posted Apr 30, 2013 01:53 PM

I don't have the machine right now, will do ASAP.

• 13.  RE: Dell Precision T3600, GSS WinPE not recognising either hard drives or usb

Posted May 22, 2013 11:16 AM

contentrator = root hub (bad translation from french)

• 14.  RE: Dell Precision T3600, GSS WinPE not recognising either hard drives or usb

Posted May 22, 2013 11:38 AM

The correct syntax for DRVLOAD is DRVLOAD <path to INF>.  That is why you are getting an error when you include the incorrect INF parameter.

• 15.  RE: Dell Precision T3600, GSS WinPE not recognising either hard drives or usb

Posted May 22, 2013 01:28 PM

I have a machine right now, so I'm doing a little more investigation and I might get a clue:

I boot my image which has the driver above mentionned, entered the following:

cd x:\Windows\inf

drvload INF usb.inf
    DrvLoad: Unable to load INF (Error 0x80070002).
    DrvLoad: Successfully load usb.inf.

drvload INF usbstor.inf
    DrvLoad: Unable to load usbstor.inf (Error 0x80070103).

drvload INF usbport.inf
    DrvLoad: Unable to load usbport.inf (Error 0x80070103).

Now, after I entered the last command,  the keyboard/mouse just froze.

I'm currently waiting for my network backup to end.

I have another T3600 with windows 8 on it.

I check the device manager and usb port are showing usbheci usbhub and usbport as drivers for usb port.

I noticed there is one concentrator which is showing USBHUB3.SYS vs usbd.inf and usbhub.inf for the other two.

As soon as my backup is done, I will continue to play and try to load this USBHUB3.SYS also maybe usbd.inf...