Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  DELL R520 Symantec Ghost Doesnt detect the Local Hard Drive.

Posted Jul 30, 2014 02:15 PM

Hello,

We are trying to image  DELL Servers R520, however when we select the source disks I doesn’t show up like if they are not recognized.

I have created a creating a custom boot disks including all the available drive.

I have also tried  by removing the raid, change the disks disk type to SATA, AHCI but always the same results.

I believe I might need to download custom driver from Dell web site and add them into my images, however the chipset & controller drive are only executable files.

Another problem is that all the drivers available on the DELL Web Site are not suppored by Vista.

The Chipset is 6 PORT SATA ACHI CONTROLLER 1D02

The disks are all SEAGATE ST3300657SS SCSI DISK DRIVE

Did anyone got the same problem than me ?

• 2.  RE: DELL R520 Symantec Ghost Doesnt detect the Local Hard Drive.

Posted Jul 31, 2014 04:16 AM

Server hardware never runs Vista so vista drivers are generally unavailable unless you check the chipset vendor's website for suitable drivers. You will always need drivers for NIC and Hard Drive chipsets - that is why you cannot see your hard disks.  In order to provide a solution to this issue, one of our forum members, Terry Bu, has written a couple of articles on how to integrate WinPE V3 into the Ghost environment. See the following:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/creating-and-using-winpe31-image-gss-251

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/faking-drivers-gss-251-winpe-31

If you read through the last few postings in the thread about when the next version of Ghost is likely to appear, you will see that there has been some activity and some new file releases available to those with current maintenance. However, David Evans is looking at other possible routes to address users who stopped maintenance in the absence of any new releases and others.