Locating agent...

searching deployment share for agent...

unable to locate remote agent "Altiris-dagent-*-86.exe"

starting local agent X:\dagent-dagent.exe

launching dagent d...

calling custom actions...

startup complete

X:

This is the info from our WinPE boot environment we are using Deployment 6.9 sp4 these are trying to use WinPE to image the Dell T1500 cannot get it to launch.

Moved the drive to a Dell 780 and it still does not work so but it ends with an f: prompt. I believe I have two issue one with the Netlink Broadcom card and one with the Western digital harddrive we have imaged these before but it has been several months. I can send the image to other systems such as a Dell T5500 and it works like a champ. The Image also works on a Dell 780 it just won't work with the WD harddrive and broadcom card.

Please help

• 2.  RE: Dell T1500 systems are not imaging

Posted Aug 19, 2011 08:14 AM

This is usually caused by multiple drives (i.e. multiple cdrom drives, memory readers, etc).  Unfortunately, WinPE will assign the lower drive letters to all drives (whether or not they are needed).  This can put you up past F: rather quickly.  You can either remove drives, or update your automation environment to use a different drive mapping for your express share.

• 3.  RE: Dell T1500 systems are not imaging

Posted Oct 13, 2011 06:23 PM

Go into your PXE config, edit the PXE Boot mapped drives and change the drive letter to a higher letter like R:\ which is what I use due to the same problem. The machines you are having this problem with will likely have a 7 in 1 media card reader which will have the F:\ letter already consumed.