Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Dell T1500 won't recognize some USB Ghost Boot devices

Posted May 21, 2012 02:34 PM

I have a heck of a problem I have 6 USB Ghost Boot sticks. All are by various manufacturers. They are pretty much have the same info on them except different IP addresses for multicast. My problem is, 2 of them are not bootable on Dell T1500s. It simply won't recognize the USB drives as boot devices. When you hit F12, the USB device isn't an option. However, I can use these same USB sticks in other various models of Dells no problem! Including the T1600. I have a massive upgrade coming up and would like all six going to make my life easier. Any clues?

• 2.  RE: Dell T1500 won't recognize some USB Ghost Boot devices
    Best Answer

Posted May 21, 2012 03:51 PM

This is a common problem with USB sticks. You need to find one make and model that works and just buy enough of those for the task in hand. We have seen the same issue with our sticks. Even though you are dealing with the same make of PC, the USB chipsets and bioses in the machines are no doubt different, and if you also happen to be trying to boot off a USB-3 port then this may also cause problems.

• 3.  RE: Dell T1500 won't recognize some USB Ghost Boot devices

Posted May 21, 2012 05:17 PM

Its helpful to know that its not just me! I will buy some more sticks that I know work with our system today! No more freebies!

• 4.  RE: Dell T1500 won't recognize some USB Ghost Boot devices

Posted May 22, 2012 09:08 AM

Freebies always cost more in the long run...  ;-)