Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Dell Vostro 1510 and O2Micro Integrated MS/MSPRO/xD Controller

Posted Apr 06, 2009 06:59 PM
    When I try to perform any task on a Dell Vostro 1510 that requires a virtual partition, I get this error:

Details for: To Virtual Partition
    Drivers could not be found in the PreOS for the following devices:
    Manufacturer: "O2Micro", Description: "O2Micro Integrated MS/MSPRO/xD Controller", PCI Vendor: 0x1217, PCI Device: 0x7130, PCI Subsystem: 0x2731028

I have downloaded every O2Micro driver I can find from Dell and elsewhere and added them to the BootWizard. I still get the same error.  

On a similar note, while booting to a boot CD I created after adding in all the new O2Micro drivers, I am unable to pull an IP once I am in WinPE. IP comes up as 127.0.0.1. NIC lights go out once WinPE comes up as well.  

I found some threads on the forums on similar problems, but they all seemed to die out without a resolution.  

Any ideas?  

• 2.  RE: Dell Vostro 1510 and O2Micro Integrated MS/MSPRO/xD Controller

Posted Apr 06, 2009 07:07 PM
    On the O2Micro drivers, did you get the Vista drivers?

• 3.  RE: Dell Vostro 1510 and O2Micro Integrated MS/MSPRO/xD Controller

Posted Apr 07, 2009 03:18 AM
     Hi Brian,

I think this is a flash card reader, and they are mass storage drivers. Before booting the client to WinPE, console tries to verify that the drivers are present for all mass storage device. This is done to make sure that the disk indexes are same as in Windows if you have multiple controllers.

Since this is a card reader, it is not required for the operation and can be skipped. Please have a look at the post https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-resolve-quotdrivers-could-not-be-found-preos-following-devicesquot for the details.

Having 127. ip address indicates that the NIC driver is not loaded either. You will need to update the NIC driver too. What NIC do they have?

Krish

• 4.  RE: Dell Vostro 1510 and O2Micro Integrated MS/MSPRO/xD Controller

Posted Apr 08, 2009 12:26 PM

No, I got the XP drivers.  Do the Vista drivers work?  I was under the impression that WinPE uses XP drivers, or am I incorrect?  

• 5.  RE: Dell Vostro 1510 and O2Micro Integrated MS/MSPRO/xD Controller

Posted Apr 08, 2009 12:27 PM
    The NIC shows up in the Device Manager as Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P)PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller.  According to Dell, it is a Realtek RTL-8100C Ethernet Controller.  I downloaded the drivers directly from Dell.  I also downloaded the O2 drivers.  There were three.  One didn't install.  That was a flash memory reader.  I also downloaded and installed drivers from Realtek.  All, of course, with no luck.  

I will try the instructions for bypassing the flash device and let you know how that works.  Please let me know what you have on that NIC driver.  

Thanks,

• 6.  RE: Dell Vostro 1510 and O2Micro Integrated MS/MSPRO/xD Controller

Posted Apr 09, 2009 10:59 AM

Krish_jayaratne, your suggestion to exempt that driver worked.  Then I got the same problem in the console that I got on the boot CD.  No network.  I installed the Vista drivers and they worked.  

Thanks Krish_jayaratne and Jamee

---
    Brian

• 7.  RE: Dell Vostro 1510 and O2Micro Integrated MS/MSPRO/xD Controller

Posted Apr 09, 2009 11:00 AM

When you are using WinPE the Vista drivers are the corrects drivers to use. You should be able import the Vista drivers into the Ghost boot wizard and then run your imaging task. Conversly Krish's suggestion also works, but if you refresh the wim file the changes you made to the pci.manifest.txt will be undone. I am glad to see that you got the issue resolved.