Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Deploy Anywhere unable to deploy to Lenovo T510

Posted Mar 31, 2011 12:28 PM

Hi all,

I've tried to build a hardware independent Windows 7 x64 image using Altiris 6.9 sp4, Winpe 2.1 and Deploy Anywhere. Deploying to some of our HP DC7800 and DC7900 workstations works fine so nothing wrong with our setup or image. The workstations are deployed completely automatically and put in our domain. However...

When deploying this image to a Lenovo T510 notebook the Windows 7 setup finally boots to production but has no Network interfaces, at that point the pc cannot be put in our domain and the following jobs from Altiris cannot take place.

I found some other people on the forums having problems with the T410 (same NIC) but their solutions don't seem to work for us.

I added the Intel 82577LM network drivers for all Windows and OS bit versions to Deploy Anywhere and that seems to have worked. At first we noticed 2 missing drivers, LAN and WLAN. But now, when running:

ghdplyAw32.exe /target=c:\Windows /ddb=\DriversDB /eval  

I get the following output in ghDplyAw32.txt 

Missing driver detected :  type =  NETWORK DEVICE  PCI ID = PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4238&SUBSYS_11118086&REV_35  Desc = @system32\drivers\pci.sys,#640;Network Controller 

This missing driver is the WLAN driver. I don't really care about that one because I only want Deploy Anywhere to use the LAN driver for deployment.

What should i do to get a working network connection in Windows after deployment? Deploy Anywhere has got it but it's not being inserted into the notebook.

• 2.  RE: Deploy Anywhere unable to deploy to Lenovo T510

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Apr 01, 2011 10:14 AM

I am having a similar issue with Dell laptops using a Broadcom wirelessdriver in 7.1.  If I disable wireless in BIOS, then image, it finishes fine and when I boot the laptop into production after re-enabling in BIOS, wireless works fine.

May be worth trying - though not a great solution when dealing with mass imaging.

• 3.  RE: Deploy Anywhere unable to deploy to Lenovo T510

Posted Apr 04, 2011 03:58 AM

We are having the same issue with the Dell Laptops.

If anyone finds a solution to this issue please post.

Thanks

Sacheen

• 4.  RE: Deploy Anywhere unable to deploy to Lenovo T510

Posted Apr 04, 2011 08:47 AM

First of all, thanks for that solution. Turning off the wireless card indeed works. But it's an inconvenient workaround. I'll eventually need to deploy notebooks that are outside of my physical reach.

Even when adding the Intel Ultimate N 6300 AGN driver to the Deploy Anywhere driver database it does not detect the WLAN card.

• 5.  RE: Deploy Anywhere unable to deploy to Lenovo T510

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Apr 04, 2011 09:49 AM

I agree. I hope everyone with this issue puts in a ticket so they realize how far reaching the problem is.  I talked to support on Friday and they seemed aware of it at least

• 6.  RE: Deploy Anywhere unable to deploy to Lenovo T510

Posted Apr 05, 2011 08:01 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

Here is the driver that im using.

I have been using it almost a year now and i cannot remember how did i got it to work.

I did modify the driver inf file somehow.

but anyway if you want to try it download attachment.

Attachment(s)

zip
    T410_X201_W510_WLAN_W7.zip   6.95 MB 1 version