Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Deploying a new client in SEP 12.1

Posted Jan 20, 2012 02:41 PM

When Deploying a new client in SEP 12.1 from the Home Tab/Common Task/Install protection client to computers.  You have two options, first option is “New Package Deployment” and the Second option is “Existing Package Deployment”.  I’m selecting the 2nd option of an Existing package that I’ve already created. I browse out to my installation package select it and hit next.  It then goes to an “Uploading Existing Package “screen that takes a few minutes to do something before dropping me off at the Computer Selection screen.

My question is, what is it actually doing during the Uploading the Existing Package” screen. If you hit the “Back” option on the next page after it populates.  You have to wait for whatever process it’s going through to go through again.

9/10/2012

Here is what I found out concerning this post.  During the Uploading Existing Package it's actually getting the current virus definition set.  That makes since and seems to me to be a good idea. 

• 2.  RE: Deploying a new client in SEP 12.1

Posted Jan 21, 2012 04:16 AM

Existing package will upload to the server for deploying to clients.

• 3.  RE: Deploying a new client in SEP 12.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 21, 2012 09:42 PM

it will locate the package and will be notofied to client to use the package. is the package saved in root drive ? if it has not been done, can you check by copying into root drive c:\ or d:\?

• 4.  RE: Deploying a new client in SEP 12.1

Posted Jan 23, 2012 10:27 AM

Pete, thanks for the responce, but it still doen't make since to me.  I am telling the system to use a specific SEP package, located in a specific path on my SEPM.  After giving this information the SEPM says "Uploading". Why would it take several minutes for the system locate a package when I've told it exactly where it is? 

The reason I ask this question is because, this has always been my preferred method to push small numbers of clients to our users (1 - 3).  This process in previous verisons took less then a minute to deploy a client.  Now, the process can take well over 5 minutes to depoly.  If I'm not mistaking all this is doing is taking a prebuilt SEP package, copying it to the target system, and kicking off the installation. So, why all the extra steps to slow this process down?

• 5.  RE: Deploying a new client in SEP 12.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2012 10:57 AM

im just thinking deeper the path , more time it might be taking. Is thare anything you see on the tomcat logs (scm-serevr-0.log?)