Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Deployment from DS 7.1 failed with error value = 104, error=103 for images that is being split to more than 1 files

Posted Apr 05, 2012 04:24 AM
      |   view attached

This is my Scenerio:

I am migrating the images from DS 6.9 to DS 7.1 where

1. Successfully migrated the image(these images consist of gho and ghs) files from DS 6.9 to DS 7.1 using the ResourceImportTool.exe at this location: Path:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Agents\Deployment\Task Handler\Tools
    2. Did a integrity Check on the images for the split images and it did prompt me to select the *.ghs file.
    3. Then all check will be fine.
    4. Create a job to deploy the image.
    5. All went thru till the part until the images is about to complete and will need to call the spanned image *ghs file, however, nothing is being called and the ghost.exe will exit.
    6. The job will indicate "Failed"

The attached is the logs file of the target machine.

Is there any steps that i have missed out to deploy an split images to a target machine.

Please help.

Attachment(s)

zip
    logs_split_images.zip   13 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Deployment from DS 7.1 failed with error value = 104, error=103 for images that is being split to more than 1 files

Posted Apr 05, 2012 07:29 AM

Hi,

Just to know more about issue one question.

Do you have package server set in your environment.

Regards,

Nandkumar

• 3.  RE: Deployment from DS 7.1 failed with error value = 104, error=103 for images that is being split to more than 1 files

Posted Apr 05, 2012 08:30 AM
    i have a site server, a ns server which package service and task service is installed. I have already deployed an image which i had imported from DS6.5 with one single image successfully. However, when i tried to deploy the image that was split, it will end with failure when uts reaching almost 100%.

• 4.  RE: Deployment from DS 7.1 failed with error value = 104, error=103 for images that is being split to more than 1 files

Posted Apr 08, 2012 10:27 PM

i have a site server, a ns server which package and task service are installed. I have already deployed an image which i had imported from DS6.9 with one single image successfully. However, when i tried to deploy the image that was split, it will end with failure when its reaching almost 100%.

• 5.  RE: Deployment from DS 7.1 failed with error value = 104, error=103 for images that is being split to more than 1 files

Posted Apr 09, 2012 03:17 AM
      |   view attached

Just to update, i have initially missed out the logs as follow which indicates the

1. GHOSTERR.txt
    2. ghstwarn.txt
    3. info.txt

The first 2 item will indicate that ghost is not able to locate the spanned image file.

I have import the 2 files from the DS 6.9 to DS 7.1 using the resourceimport tools. There are in the same unique folder. Wonder what do i need to do further for the ghost32.exe to recognise that the files are in thye same folder as it has been mapped.

Attachment(s)

zip
    logs_split_images_pt2.zip   11 KB 1 version