Deployment Solution

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Deployment Package Server Components X Windows Server 2003

• 1.  Deployment Package Server Components X Windows Server 2003

Posted Dec 04, 2013 07:13 AM

Hi all,

I got surprised with this info so I would like to share and check if i've missed something:

I've found in DS 7.5 documentation (http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5678) page 29:

Ensure that you install the Deployment Package Server component only on
    the site servers on which IIS 7.0 or later versions are installed. All the site servers
    that are installed with IIS 7.0 or later versions are discovered automatically and
    listed for the Applied To filter of the Deployment Package Server Component -
    Install page of the console. You must not manually install the Deployment Package
    Server component on any site server other than the ones that are discovered and
    listed for the filter

Even the current ITMS support matrix shows that is ok to run site and package services in a Windows 2003 machines, reading the info above, I assume in a way we can store and replicate images to a site server, this site server requires at least windows server 2008.... It wouldn't make sense to have this information inside the support matrix??

Or I've missed something? 

• 2.  RE: Deployment Package Server Components X Windows Server 2003

Posted Dec 05, 2013 01:46 PM

Maybe it would be possible to install IIS7 on W2k3? Couldn't find a way to get it done...still searching.