Desktop Email Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Desktop Home 10.1.1 encrypts one but not another

Posted Mar 09, 2011 02:51 PM

I have installed Desktop Home 10.1.1 to my Windows 7 64-bit system.  I have three mailboxes, one with my direct ISP, and two associated with domains I own via Go-Daddy.  PGP will encrypt emails sent from my ISP mailbox, but will not encrypt emails sent from either of my domain mailboxes.  It does not give an error message; it just sends the email in the clear without encrypting.  When I try to force encryption by putting PGP in the subject field, it is supposed to halt with a dialog if it does not find a public key, but it does not halt, does not give a dialog, and does not encrypt.  All three of my email addresses have been added to my keypair.  For testing purposes, all my emails so far are being sent to myself, either to the same email address or one of my other email addresses.  The above description is consistent regardless.  Nothing I do seems to make any difference.

• 2.  RE: Desktop Home 10.1.1 encrypts one but not another

Posted Mar 09, 2011 03:10 PM

On the account that is not working, are you connecting to the mail server using IMAPS or POPS? PGP's email proxy can't intercept secure mail connections.

• 3.  RE: Desktop Home 10.1.1 encrypts one but not another

Posted Mar 09, 2011 05:02 PM

It is a POP3 server.  All three email addresses are POP3.  Additionally, I just discovered that when my passphrase is not cached (i.e., when it should ask me for my passphrase) it does not on the domain email addresses, but does on my ISP email address.  My email account settings do not have the SSL encryption checked on.

• 4.  RE: Desktop Home 10.1.1 encrypts one but not another

Posted Mar 18, 2011 11:43 AM

Did you check the Account properties to see if the Incoming/Outgoing servers are correctly set? The server tipe, the protocol, etc...

• 5.  RE: Desktop Home 10.1.1 encrypts one but not another

Posted Apr 18, 2011 08:01 AM

I agree with you,.

Bry