Symantec Management Platform (Notification Server)

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Detection Rule for Lync Basic 2013 Client - Deployed through SMP 7.1 Managed SWD

• 1.  Detection Rule for Lync Basic 2013 Client - Deployed through SMP 7.1 Managed SWD

Posted Jul 12, 2013 03:55 AM

Hi,

As the title suggests, i've been on the look out for a MSI Product Code or something to setup as a detection rule on my "Lync Basic 2013" managed software delivery policy.

After quite an amount of digging i found this "90150000-012d-0000-0000-0000000ff1ce"  - but setting this as the MSI Product Code, results in the client detecting and showing up as compliant but still downloading the package and re-running the installer.

Not sure if i have the right detection rule setup or it's got something to do with the way my job is setup.

thank you in advance,

cheers,

vikram

• 2.  RE: Detection Rule for Lync Basic 2013 Client - Deployed through SMP 7.1 Managed SWD

Posted Jul 12, 2013 08:02 AM

It sounds like the Managed Software Delivery policy doesn't have the "Perform software compliance check using:" option selected.

Or eles you're not using a Policy but a stand alone Task instead, I think the Detection and Applicability rules are only used in Managed Software Delivery Polices.