Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Dialog Workflow with a custom SQL component

Created: 14 Aug 2012 | 5 comments

I have a dialog workflow with a custom SQL query component. When I update the component query the workflow still uses the old query. Even though variable name changes are updated. What's up with that? I have the component published to the repository and have added it to the workflow from there.

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Rob Moore's picture

I don't think that adding it to the project from the web repository actaully copies it to the Shared Compnents folder.

Check the \Program Files\Symantec\Workflow\Shared\customlib folder and make sure the .dll there is the latest one.

If it is, then delete the component from your project and drag it back on from the toolbox pane. That should update the component to the latest one.

 

Rob

KSchroeder's picture

If you mean it uses the old query after publishing,sometimes you have to do an iisreset on the wf box to get the new dll loaded, at least in 7.0...

Thanks,
Kyle
Symantec Trusted Advisor

For Forum threads, please click "Mark as Solution" if answered.
For all content, please give a thumbs up if you agree with or support the post.

noodleNT's picture

I am noticing this while running debug. I haven't published it.

yliquor's picture

Try cycling your logicbase service to get it to pickup the new .dll.

 

Rob Moore's picture

Interestingly, I've had similar problems with the Table Generator. I had a table gen component reading all rows from a table, and I needed to change the table name. I did that in SQL, then went to the component and updated it by changing the table name and updating the table defenition. I did not change the SQL type at the end as I did not want to have to change the all the data types. Recompile and close, and no matter what I did, I could not get the component to recognize it had changed. I kept getting the error "Table not found".

 

Conversely, when I use a Stored Proc, I can change those multiple times and when I regenerate the component they all work perfecty. I've come to the conclusion that Stored Procs are the way to go. I've never had a single problem regenerating an SP, even when I add an input variable or another output field. When I reload the project, all the origianl components show the yellow "Warning" triangle if a new variable mapping is required, and all the output fields are always there.

I've even written my SP's to do insert or updates, so one component does the same as a "Write Data to Table" component does.

Rob