Patch Management Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Disable patch from stopping 100% compliance

Posted Aug 05, 2014 11:25 AM

I dont want to install MSWU-953 because we will not be upgrading  Windows 7 - This is obviosuly stopping my machines from being 100% compliant. Is there anyway I can stop this from being part of the compliance check ?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Disable patch from stopping 100% compliance
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 11, 2014 12:48 PM

Hello JannasTo,

The only way you can remove something completely from the Compliance Reports is to remove it from the PMImport data.

This is outlined on KM: HOWTO56242 - Section 3: Import Patch Data for Windows - Vendors and Software; remove the software that needs to be excluded. These exclusions will be removed from the Compliance Report upon PMImport download completion.

Having detailed that process; I reviewed the listing on the PMImport > Vendors & Software and found that there is no general way to exclude this update. It appears this update would only be excluded if you exclude the general 'Windows 7' updates, and you will not be able to exclude any of those as you are working to make them compliant.

The only resolution within the GUI is to exclude the update within the report parameters, for you can control 'Distribution Status' by changing that to 'Active / Downloaded' to display only Compliance on updates you have Downloaded on the Patch Remediation Settings.

As long as this update is not currently downloaded; you will not have it display in the Compliance by Bulletin, Computer or Update reports.

• 3.  RE: Disable patch from stopping 100% compliance

Posted Aug 12, 2014 03:26 AM

Thanks Joshua - didn't even think of the 'Distribution status - Downloaded' option.

• 4.  RE: Disable patch from stopping 100% compliance

Posted Aug 12, 2014 11:01 AM

Happy to help.

Keep in mind that with this parameter in place; new updates that have not been downloaded will be omitted from the Compliance reports.