How can I disable the realtime scanning?
you need to stop Auto protect, check this link
why do you need to stop this?
Help Link: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/overview.jsp?pid=54619
About the types of scans and real-time protection
Article:HOWTO54873 | Created: 2011-06-29 | Updated: 2011-12-20 | Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO54873
If you want to Specify SEP client group follow below steps
Please Follow the Steps provided below:
1) Open and Login to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
2) Go to 'Clients' and Select the Right group to which the Client belong to / report to.
3) Click on 'Policies' Tab
4) Make sure the check box that says 'Inherit policies and Settings from parent group' is unchecked.
5) Double Click on Antivirus & Antispyware policy [Unshared]
6) Click on Edit shared Button
7) Uncheck on 'File System Auto Protect' or/and Unlock the Lock next to it.
8) Wait for few Seconds and then check the client.
Or Specify SEP client
open registry..start -run - regedit
HKLM\software\symantec \symantec endpoint protection \AV\storages\file system \real time scan
on the right hand side u wil find a key called OnOff..make that value to 0
0 and 1 wil control it....;)
Just I asked you. I will not disable it,
Check after disabled Tamper protection
How to disable Tamper Protection in Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1
is it on managed or unmanaged client?
You can disable the Realtime scaning by following the steps given by James007 and why do you want to disable this feature???