How to disable Tamper Protection? i m unable to stop smc service in windows xp
For stopping SMC service, you will need to go to start->run and type "smc -stop". Its possible that there may be a password setup for the same from the SEPM.
If you want to disable Tamper Protection you can follow the instructions below:
Disable Tamper Protection:
1. Click the Clients Tab.
2. Select the client group you would like to modify.
3. Click the Policies tab.
4. If this is not the Global group, uncheck Inherit policies and settings from parent group. Ensure that Policy inheritance is OFF.
5. Under Location-independent Policies and Settings, with in the Settings box, click General Settings.
6. Click the Tamper Protection tab.
7. Uncheck Protect Symantec security software from being tampered with or shut down.
I hope this helps.