Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Disabling SAV v10.1 Internet Email Auto-Protect

Posted Jun 11, 2009 02:04 PM
    Hello, we have recently deployed an app that is utilizing port 110 for polling purposes and we have identified an issue with SAV v10.1 blocking port 110. We have completely removed the Live Email Scan yet the SAV is still blocking port 110.  I found a reference to a known issue stating Internet E-mail Auto-Protect port changes are ignored in SAV v10.1 at the following link:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/sym-av-corp-v101-issue

I am wondering if anyone has identified a workaround to this issue. Is there a registry change that we could make or is this bug hard coded?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Disabling SAV v10.1 Internet Email Auto-Protect

Posted Jun 12, 2009 12:54 PM
    Looks like this cannot be changed in SAV 10. Have you contacted the vendor of the application to see if the port used for polling can be changed?

Thomas

• 3.  RE: Disabling SAV v10.1 Internet Email Auto-Protect

Posted Jun 12, 2009 02:40 PM
    Thank you very much for the response. Unfortunately the app in question is hard coded to utilize port 110. We were hoping there might be a patch type solution for SAV that would address the issue. we have hundreds of machines in the field that will need a work around of some type.

Is there an upgrade available to a newer version that would address this issue?

• 4.  RE: Disabling SAV v10.1 Internet Email Auto-Protect

Posted Jun 12, 2009 04:33 PM
    Version 10.2 is the current version available.

http://www.symantec.com/business/products/renewalsupgrades.jsp?pcid=pcat_security&pvid=805_1

I am not finding any documentation that says this is fixed in 10.2 though.
    I recommend you place a call to Symantec and open a case.

Regards,
    Thomas

• 5.  RE: Disabling SAV v10.1 Internet Email Auto-Protect

Posted Jun 13, 2009 12:50 AM
     Hi rmartin,

You should update your AV to the latest version - 11.0
    That may solve the problem

Regards,
    Peter

• 6.  RE: Disabling SAV v10.1 Internet Email Auto-Protect

Posted Jun 13, 2009 07:11 PM
    As my title says I am not totally sure on this. However after doing some reading it appears that SAV 10.1 is hard coded to utilize port 110 as well. I don't know if there will be a workaround possible for this, but as cycletech said you should definetely call in and make a case. Sorry I couldn't be more help I just thought you might want to hear what I read about the port being hard coded.

Sorry for the conflict
    Grant-

• 7.  RE: Disabling SAV v10.1 Internet Email Auto-Protect

Posted Jun 15, 2009 11:47 PM
    How are we coming along with your issue? Did we ever come up with a work around for the conflicting ports?

• 8.  RE: Disabling SAV v10.1 Internet Email Auto-Protect

Posted Jun 16, 2009 03:59 PM
    Thanks again for the suggestions and followup. We have made some system changes and are monitoring to evaluate the potential success.