Disaster Recovery Windows 2003 R2 Primary Domain Controller + Exchange 2003
i'am at the customers site right now and need help.
The Raid for the OS Partition crashed and i have to do a Disaster Recovery.
This is the one and only Domain Controller (with Exchange 2003) and Files on it.
I tried a Restore liked described in following KBs:
I do also following:
- Install OS with same Service Pack level
- Renamed Server with the old name an setup den primary DNS Suffix
- I installed the old Backup Exec (12.5) Version on a different temporary Loacation
- I inventory and catalog the media
- I started a Restore (in NON Directory Service Restore Mode) and selected the C:\, ShadowCopyComponents and SystemState for restore
- I selected following Restore Settings: Restore over existing Files, Restore Security, Preserve Tree
- Also i selected "Mark this server as the primary arbitrator for replication when restoring folders managed by the File Replication Service, or when restoring SYSVOL in System State"
- Then i started the Recovery Job.
The Jobs cancel with following errors:
V-79-57344-3864 - Restoring only security information is not supported for \\dc01\Shadow?Copy?Components.
V-79-57344-3864 - Restoring only security information is not supported for \\dc01\System?State.
The same procedure in "Directory Service Restore Mode" brings up the same errors.
Now i am a little confused and need help or tipps.
Thank you very much!