Disk instrumented but not encrypted; PGP doesn't see disk
Here's the sequence that led to the problem in the title (MacBook Pro 10.7.3 + PGP 10.2MP4 Universal Server):
- Wipe, install Snow Leopard, Upgrade to Lion.
- FileVault2 encrypted, as PGP was not ready.
- Decrypt FileVault2 boot volume.
- Install PGP 10.2.MP4 & restart.
- On next login, domain enrollment w/ username + passphrase in wizard.
- Start WDE encryption - "instrumenting disk" & reboot.
- Prompts for passphrase from #5 OK
- Return to PGP WDE - disk not encrypting & not visible either
- Check on CLI - enum command does not show anything but DVD-R, which was empty.
- Universal server shows the drive - unencrypted and machine does not have a name.
- Uninstall PGP & reboot.
- Prompted for Passphrase - OK
- Reinstall PGP - disk cannot be seen in PGP Desktop.
So, the disk is still instrumented, but not encrypted - we can't deinstrument, since it won't enum.
What do we have to do to get this working like the other Lion Macs that we have in the system?