Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  Disk Space for SEPSBE version 12.0.1001.95

Posted Feb 18, 2011 04:42 AM
      |   view attached

I am having difficulty with disk space on a Windows 2003 SBS server which has Symantec Protection Centre installed on the local Root C: drive .

It appears that the folder c:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Protection Center\Inetpub is over 4GB which I would like to reduce it down or move it to another partition which has more space.

My first question is can i work out how big my disk space requirement should be ?  Maybe its based on the number of clients I have or how does one decide where to palce this folder for best practice based on estimated disk usage?

Otherwise can i find some way of removing some of these files by changing some parameters to reflect how much content is stored. If so where can i do this?

Some articles mention modifing the file conf.properties in the tomcat\etc folder but they seem to be For Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager rather than Symantec Protection Centre so I'm not suire if its appropriate , does anyone know ?

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/problem-folder-content-inetpub-some-gigabyte

if its a case of moving the folder to somewhere else is it just a case of backing up the database and removing and re-installing the Symantec Protection Console and re-installing it elsewhere and then restoring the Database.

I am also concerned with the sisk space used under  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared. This is about 2.5Gb abd one file in particular

reportersvc.log is approx 850MB. can this be reduced by archiving or rolling it over some way.

I have attached a jpeg showing the disk space used in my case and it a concern for me becuase currently its at 12% which is below my minimum for best practices of 20% free for optimum performance.

• 2.  RE: Disk Space for SEPSBE version 12.0.1001.95

Posted Feb 18, 2011 05:03 AM

go to admin tab

servers

;local site

under liveupdate tab

check the content revisions to keep to 3

this will clear up the space

• 3.  RE: Disk Space for SEPSBE version 12.0.1001.95

Posted Feb 18, 2011 05:39 AM
      |   view attached

Thanks for you suggestion but i'm not seeing these options with what i have here.

Are you sure we are talking about the same version ?

In my version

in the manager console

under the admin

attached is what i see no servers just systems

i can edit the server properties but it has no option on how much content to keep..

• 4.  RE: Disk Space for SEPSBE version 12.0.1001.95

Posted Feb 18, 2011 06:15 AM

Sorry albert, My bad, this option does not exist on SEP 12. 

slect edit server properties, do u get an option to download only specific components?

you can delete all files inside the inetpub\content folder and run a new liveupdate check if less space is utilized.

• 5.  RE: Disk Space for SEPSBE version 12.0.1001.95

Posted Feb 18, 2011 06:37 AM

No Worries!.

It does not allow me to choose which components to download.

Regards

Albert

• 6.  RE: Disk Space for SEPSBE version 12.0.1001.95

Posted Feb 18, 2011 06:45 AM

In SEP 12 lot of options are missing...here is a document to clear corrupt virus definitions, can you please use this doc to check if that frees up space

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-clear-corrupt-virus-definitions-sepm